Weird sale

So today I put some items in my store on sale for 1 month, but one of the items is showing the sale only has 16 hours to go, while the rest appear to be fine. What's up with that?!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Weird sale

If an item is due to end before the end of the sale, the countdown will show how much time there is left for the listing, even if it's a good 'til cancelled listing and will remain live, if there's only 16 hours left in the cycle, the item is (for eBay's intents and purposes) ending in 16 hours. If it is a GTC listing, once it ticks over, the sale cycle will be displayed as normal. 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Weird sale

Okay, thanks. 

But I don't get it though... All my items are GTC and so would end at some point in the next month, before the sale ends.

I think I don't understand what is a GTC cycle? It shouldn't have an end date, should it?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Weird sale

@charmony wrote:

Okay, thanks. 

But I don't get it though... All my items are GTC and so would end at some point in the next month, before the sale ends.

I think I don't understand what is a GTC cycle? It shouldn't have an end date, should it?

They don't have an end date in that the listing itself ends, but they do have a listing / billing cycle, which gives them kind of 'placeholder' end date for all other ebay functions (eg sorting search results by 'ending soonest'). So, once listed, every 30 days the listing is automatically renewed and prevented from physically ending, and that will be from the date of listing (eg if I list something as GTC today, it will technically be considered to be 'ending' by eBay on the 9th of April. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Weird sale

But the sale is for one month so all the items in the sale (which were listed randomly over the last few months) will end during that month. But only the one has the 16h end time.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Weird sale

That's most likely because they have longer than a week before their GTC cycle ticks over, as I think eBay will only display sale end times when there's less than 7 days to go on either the sale or the listing - before then, it will just display that the item is on sale. (It might be less than 7 days, I'm not 100% on the exact time frame, but I have noticed that the "sale ends in XXX" note will only display in the final days and hours, of either the listing or the sale period). 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Weird sale

Still really confused about my sale *sigh*

I set it to run for a month, ending on 12 April. Today, only two of the items I put on sale are still on sale. The rest have gone off sale only days after the sale began. This has never happened before regardless of the billing cycle etc. 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Weird sale

simple i had a problem last night  went to help on ebay  i clicked on for them to ring me back  i dont know how long that has been there but i did not have to wait on the phone they rang me back in about 15 minutes and went thru with me how to fix up the problem,

wish i coud of done that with optus yesterday waiting waiting with a phone on my ear then sent from department after deparment 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Weird sale

@charmony wrote:

Still really confused about my sale *sigh*

I set it to run for a month, ending on 12 April. Today, only two of the items I put on sale are still on sale. The rest have gone off sale only days after the sale began. This has never happened before regardless of the billing cycle etc. 

That's definitely not supposed to happen... The only thing I know of that will remove an item from a sale before it's scheduled to end is revising certain details, like price or postage, otherwise the items should have remained on sale for the full duration (eBay glitches and malfunctions notwithstanding, which are unfortunately all too common). 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Weird sale

I did revise the item location on these, because they're pickup and we've moved, but I also revised the location on the two items that have remained on sale - so that wasn't it.

Anyway just put them back on sale so I'll see if it sticks.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply