Beware - Items showing as waiting Post !!

Good morning all - or is it ?

Logged on this morning, happy to see some new orders & some awesome Feedback.

Mmmm, customer X has ordered again, yay.  Hang on, customer X has ordered the same bracelets again ?!?  Oh, but I thought after her last order I was out of stock & need to make more.

First clue - sale date 13th February, (so I would have sent 13th or 14th with Tracking) second clue, we have both left Feedback (hers was some of the awesome new feedback)!

So now somehow, the bracelets pop up today as not sent and Tracking number has disappeared !!!

Lucky I'm not a big volume seller or I may have re-shipped.  So folks, looks like we have to waste more time double checking everything again !!  This is not the first time this stuff-up mal-function has occurred, I got caught out once before - realized as I was packing the orders a couple looked very familiar . . . . .

So please all be careful . . . . . .

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Beware - Items showing as waiting Post !!

Having the exact same issue

I had contact from a member last night. saying he was getting alerts every few minutes that we have posted his item

This morning we have found some items that are paid with paypal and are not showing in ebay as being paid.  Then other items that were completed and shipped are now showing up as new sales.

Also we have tried to archive some of the items, it comes up as being archived then the items are reappearing.

Something odd is going on.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Happenned to me also once last year, posted the item and then asked it to be sent back, at my expense of course. Ebay customer service refused to acknowledge, or even consider the possibility that there was a problem in their systems.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

These days there always seems to be something odd going on Smiley LOL  If it's not one thing it's another !

Thanks for reminding me though about the other issue - items paid for & not showing as paid & waiting post.  I remember now, the last time we were having these same issues, that was like Part 2 of the problem.  Have just checked my paypal and nothing extra showing there.  That would be worse I think, if as sellers we overlooked items that were paid for & didn't send them at all.  Sure fire way to earn a neg & a Defect !  I think I'd rather duplicate - but even still, that makes US look like fools, buyers would have no idea it's eBay's fault  !!

Gee, it's not even Friday yet !!!

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@asporty wrote:

Happenned to me also once last year, posted the item and then asked it to be sent back, at my expense of course. Ebay customer service refused to acknowledge, or even consider the possibility that there was a problem in their systems.

They rarely take responsibility for any of their Defective system or actions !  Really, they should have reimbursed you the cost of the return postage - I hope it wasn't a big item. 

And it bothers me anyway, as a bit of a perfectionist, that it makes us look stupid - sending out orders twice !  And such a waste of time.  I've just had to message the buyer and explain what's happened & tell her, I will now re-mark as posted and add the Tracking number again, so she will probably get an eBay automated message advising her of the shipping details - and I jokingly said, bad luck, I'm not really duplicating the order.  Of course, she's either read my message in a hurry, or didn't understand and has messaged back thanking me & pointing out, everything arrived !!

Really makes me wonder what we pay fees for . . . . . . . .

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I am having sign in problems today, I cannot list as it keeps taking me back to the sign in page. Maybe they are doing maintenance or something?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I've been having same problems all week.  I found if I shut down & start again it usually works first time - makes no sense, but seems to work Smiley Frustrated  (I use firefox)

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Just started using firefox & having the same troubles Went back to Internet explorer & signed in OK Don't know if it is ebay of firefox?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

eBay have a couple of "sign-in" interfaces within a single app. It's a stupid historical GUI design issue that you're experiencing.

it's been like that for some years now (at least 3 that I'm aware of).

In some circumstances, not always, you end up in an endless "sign in" loop.

The Window or Tab you have open which has this issue, needs to be closed. Close it.

Then on another Tab or Window within Firefox you can sort this out by going to "History" then "Clear Recent History" and then click "Active Logins".

Please MAKE SURE that you untick everything else that's ticked, except "Active Logins" and select "Clear Now".

Next open a new Tab or Window in Firefox and try again. You should be able to log on cleanly.

For Internet Explorer (IE) users, it can also be done, but it's far more complex and only works sometimes and only half the time. Different version of IE react differently. It's easier to shut down completely, but before you do,actually make sure that you log off anywhere you have eBay tabs or windows open

Hope this helps you guys..

It's another eBay "feature" that I raised with them back in 2012 I think, and nothing has changed,

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply