Beware to all seller for BUYER INCORRECT ADDRESS

We just had bad experience and would like to share with all of you.

1. Buyer provide incorrect address. There is no STATE provided during checkout

2. The post code is 6510, however the suburb said Perth

All we know As per eBay policy, it is buyer responsibility to provide correct address during checkout.

Yesterday we received negative feedback, so we contacted eBay to remove it.

They refuse to remove the feedback, because we can not provide tracking number.

"I looked into this further and would like to inform you that the negative feedback left by this buyer is not removable.  This is because it does not fall into our criteria for removal. I understand that the buyer’s address provided in checkout may not be correct, however, we do recommend seller to check with the buyer first to verify postage address if there are discrepancies between either the eBay or PayPal address  or if the a state or city indicated in the address is deemed to be invalid."

Then is it "eBay system" fault? allowing buyer not to provide the STATE, the system should know there is no state called "Default" 

When we ask the staff, How many states are in Australia, The staff can't even answer how many STATE in Australia, of  course the call centre is in Philippines. 

Any suggestion is welcome here.

Check his link.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

This type of Feedback may be removed: 

• A buyer provided the wrong delivery address.

Apparently that one is not what it seems to be. Just beaware.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Beware to all seller for BUYER INCORRECT ADDRESS

So here's my story. I shipped an item from Australia to NZ. It was shipped to the correct address as per buyers paypal instructions. The item duly arrived in NZ at the address the buyer provided which happens to be a shop who have never heard of the buyer. Postie therefore mailed the item I sold back to me which I have now received. I have done the right thing and contacted the buyer explaining the situation and asking if they would like me to post to an alternative address. Heard nothing. Checked buyers ebay account. Profile says he is in UK and not been a member for long. This is weird. I have been paid and have item
Thoughts???
Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Beware to all seller for BUYER INCORRECT ADDRESS

First thought is that you should have opened a new post, rather than dragging up one that is 5 years old.   Smiley Happy

I would check your seller hub to find out his email address and send another message to that one as well.

How long ago did you message him?

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply