Beware to all seller for BUYER INCORRECT ADDRESS

We just had bad experience and would like to share with all of you.

1. Buyer provide incorrect address. There is no STATE provided during checkout

2. The post code is 6510, however the suburb said Perth

All we know As per eBay policy, it is buyer responsibility to provide correct address during checkout.

Yesterday we received negative feedback, so we contacted eBay to remove it.

They refuse to remove the feedback, because we can not provide tracking number.

"I looked into this further and would like to inform you that the negative feedback left by this buyer is not removable.  This is because it does not fall into our criteria for removal. I understand that the buyer’s address provided in checkout may not be correct, however, we do recommend seller to check with the buyer first to verify postage address if there are discrepancies between either the eBay or PayPal address  or if the a state or city indicated in the address is deemed to be invalid."

Then is it "eBay system" fault? allowing buyer not to provide the STATE, the system should know there is no state called "Default" 

When we ask the staff, How many states are in Australia, The staff can't even answer how many STATE in Australia, of  course the call centre is in Philippines. 

Any suggestion is welcome here.

Check his link.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

This type of Feedback may be removed: 

• A buyer provided the wrong delivery address.

Apparently that one is not what it seems to be. Just beaware.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You have to be joking, Nowhere does it say that you cannotI don't know how many addresses I have had where the suburb is in the address line, where the state capital has been put in the suburb and every other stuff up a buyer can make however putting the corect state in would not mean you would lose Paypal protection. Not havong a tracking number that links to the buyer's address however it was written means you will lose whatever address you post to.

Blind Freddy could see that the address xx street, suburb Moora, state WA

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I'd go back and try again - but focus on the incorrect address provided by the buyer.

Mind you, the address is blatently incorrect on a couple of grounds - if you haven't got a process in place to screen for this sort of error before you post then perhaps you should review how you handle things (or if the volume of your orders is so high you can't then accept this sort of glitch as a cost of doing business).

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

when I see an address that looks strange I check feed back, and if its high , well I assume they should know if they are or are not receving mail. If its low , I ask them to clarify address as they obviously made a boo boo

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

rf
Community Member
You should probably learn to use Google Maps when unsure as it is a real life saver for me. About 10% of addresses buyers provide I need to use Google Maps to rectify. I don't reconfirm with the buyers unless it is clear to me that an item will get lost.

In fact if you did not write the state, the item would still find its way to the buyer as the postcode is all that is required to get delivered to the closest delivery centre
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

The general issue is with people putting a City in the suburb field - blame eBay for that.

The usual format is that the actual suburb is in the second address line.

The general fix is to replace the city with the suburb.

eBay and Click and Send will enforce this, so do it.

I have never had an item that I have amended the address to the correct one result in an INR.

11,000+ transactions. i applaud that you have not had an issue in that time, but I wonder how,

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I have a vwery simple process for picking up errors like that, I use click & send or ebay labels neither of which allow you to proceed with an address in an incorrect format.

The only labels I create myself are for letters and it is obvious when I copy and paste to my label printer that the address is incorrectly formatted.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
Regarding a completely different matter, why don't you block buyers who leave you negative feedback by adding them to your BBL?

Had you done so, the buyer who negged you on 17 Aug 2013 wouldn't have been able to leave two more negs on 24 Dec 2013.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

rf
Community Member
I am confident they are two different buyers
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, you're probably right. I hadn't noticed that their feedback aggregates are considerably different.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply