Block a user?

Hi, 

I feel like I'm going around in circles trying to block a specific user. 

They messaged me saying they can't bid on my item, and I checked and this is because this buyer does not meet my buyer requirements. I'm not changing this for anyone, especially not someone who messages and makes an offer on my item that is lower than its current auction price. 

So please, how can I block this person from messaging me again? Thanks heaps 😄 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Block a user?

We still get blocked buyers messaging us as well.

I know it says they are not supposed to be able to if you tick that option but I don't think it works too well.

So we just ignore messages from them now.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Block a user?

@clarry100 wrote:

We still get blocked buyers messaging us as well.

I know it says they are not supposed to be able to if you tick that option but I don't think it works too well.

So we just ignore messages from them now.

Is that tick box for blocked buyers messaging for the buyers specifically on the block list or for the general blocks that are put in place?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Block a user?

Dylan, It's for all members that are blocked by both means.

However if you have had dealings with a member you need to add them to the BBL and that is supposed to block communication but they can still communicate for a period due to ebay's software. I think having recently been in a trans overrides the block for a period.

Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me. (Buyer won't see the "Contact Seller" button on your Q&A page.) Note: Buyers can still contact you about existing transactions, unless you add them to your blocked list.

Molly, tick the box to block communication.

Select account, site prefs, buyer requirements and scroll to the bottom.

image host
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Block a user?

From memory cannot buyers still cotact sellers through the link on the feedback page even if they have been blocked. I don't care if blocked members email me, I just delete them and don't respond so tey have only wasted their own time.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Block a user?

Sorry for lack of replies! Thanks for the responses! 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Block a user?

PJ, I think you are right as I also vaguely remember something about that.

image host
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply