Blocked bidder still able to contact me.

nikel66
Community Member

Hi

I had some guy contact me and want to buy an item for less than the auction start price. He kept trying to bargain with me so I blocked him. But he was still abel to contact me. I emailed him back and said I didnt want to sell to him and then went through and di the following procedure, making sure the box at step 5 was checked.

To add buyer requirements to all of your listings:
  1. In My eBay, place your pointer over the Account tab, and then select Site preferences.

2. In the Buyer requirements section, click the Show link, and then click the Edit link.

3. On the Buyer Requirements page, select your buyer requirements. For example, you might not want to do business with buyers who:

• Don't have a PayPal account

• Have unpaid items recorded on their account

• Are registered in countries to which you don't ship

• Have reportedly violated eBay policies

• Have a negative Feedback score

• Are currently winning or have bought a large number of your items in the last 10 days

4. If you want to apply these settings to all current and future listings, select the Apply above settings to current and future listings check box.

5. If you want to prevent blocked buyers from sending you questions about your listings, make sure the Do not allow blocked buyers to contact me check box is selected.

6. Click the Submit button to save your requirements.

Yet he still contacted me again last night. How do I block this guy from contacting me?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blocked bidder still able to contact me.

Because you messaged the buyer back, they are still able to contact you for a period of time, not quite 100%, but i think its for at least 30 days, about the only thing you can do is just delete there messages, dont reply to them.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Because you messaged the buyer back, they are still able to contact you for a period of time, not quite 100%, but i think its for at least 30 days, about the only thing you can do is just delete there messages, dont reply to them.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

They can also contact you through the link on your feedback page, blocking contact only stops them bothering you through the ask a question link in the listing.

I find the best way to handle it is to never reply to them and junl their emails without reading them, that way they are only wasting their own time.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

c_mount
Community Member
Because ebay suck as a company and don't protect sellers at all.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You reply did nothing but drag up a thread 3YEARS OLD. 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply