But It Now...and then don't pay? What's the point?

A real pain in the back passage lately. I can understand bidders getting caught up in the heat of the moment in the last few minutes of an auction, and overspending....but what is with the BIN buyers who then don't pay? The price of the item is there, up front, and they have plenty of time to decide if they really want it or not. Then I give them a week to pay.

Yet I am finding more and more often I am having to issue NPB strikes on my BIN sales. What is going on here? Is this happening to anyone else? Any theories as to why buyers do this?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: But It Now...and then don't pay? What's the point?

I would personally never buy something BIN and not pay for it straight away, but I kind of understand the reasoning in some circumstances - more specifically, things like one-off items or items low in stock and selling relatively quickly. Some people just want to secure the item, but later find they can't afford it for one reason or another.

However, I'll never understand people buying BINs that have more than adequate stock and then not paying - or even not paying for several days (although, every now and then you'll get a buyer who purchases an item, then transfers funds from their bank account to PayPal, then pays for the item). There's really no chance they'll miss out in that time, so I have no idea why some people purchase them and disappear.

ยฏ\(ยฐ_o)/ยฏ

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If I can't pay for an item straight away, I don't bid on/buy it and as far as I am concerned anybody who does is just an a-hole and a time waster. I get really fed up chasing down people who bid on/buy my $5.00 item and then keep me waiting for payment for a week.

"Padches? We ain't got no padches. We don't need no padches. I don't have to show you any stinking padches".
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

This is my BIGGEST pet hate!

I'm also finding that the BIN's are my worst for having to open disputes.

Why buy and not pay. I wouldn't mind so much if someone bought it, then flicked me a message saying, hey will pay on Friday when I get paid. I'd be fine with that, but I get nothing.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Yep... same for us. Many more NPB cases from BIN listings than auctions. I don't understand it either.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

But we don't loose any sleep over it.

Just send out an invoice and a reminder message or two.

Once 10-days comes up we open the case and rarely do they pay.

Then just move on.

We have blocks on non-payers too but that doesnt seem to help.

They are mostly newbies with FB scores under 5 that do it.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Buyers do this to pee you off,but I think that the majority of them find the same item cheaper elsewhere and therefor don't bother buying yours.I tick the immediate payment required on all my BIN so the buyer needs to pay straight away otherwise if payment isn't received they get a non payment strike and then get blocked.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply