Buy It Now or Not

Can someone advise me which is the best way to sell some items?  I do not have a Store but have a few books to sell and wondered if it would be better to put Buy It Now with Free Postage.  I am only considering this as the postage could be quite high on Hard Cover books so maybe it would be best to sell low and incorporate the post charge in the Buy It Now.  Will these Buy It Now be counted in

my 40 free listings per month?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Buy It Now or Not

Yes BINs will be counted towards your 40 free listings.

Why not try a variety of listings. Some BIN with free postage, some BIN with added postage, (you can list a bit higher than you want on some of them and add Best Offer), some at auction with and without postage included in the start price.

If any one method performs significantly better than the others then you can list more in that way.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Buy It Now or Not

Thanks Phorum Junkie - you have given sound advice

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Buy It Now or Not

i use But it Now for all my items because waiting for an auction to end is so damn tedious, and I want certain prices, or above, for my items to make profit. If I used auction, Id have to use a high reserve anyway. Back in the day when I did use auctions, I found more people not paying etc too... they seemed to be playing around with auctions for fun rather than actually wanting an item, and it wasnt worth the effort.

But, auctions work really well for some people.

Just make sure if you use BIN, that you research what each book is selling for online. And not just on Ebay theres a TON of comparison websites for books, and most buyers will look at these, or at least other websites when buying books.

The best one I have found to do this is Booko.  This one compares book prices specifically available within, and to, Australia, and uses some of the cheaper book stores as comparison, like Abbeys, abebooks and booktopia, as well as Ebay, all at the same time. Note: some Ebay listings will not appear on Booko for some reason, so its a good idea to double check Ebay directly too. And dont forget, it will show you both Ebooks and hard copies - ignore the ebooks. 

It only takes a few seconds per book to check booko.

That will give you an idea of how to price your books so that they actually sell within a reasonable time, and you dont undersell yourself.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply