Buy it Now

If I want to end auction early  and treat sale as Buy it Now at the starting price and have a buyer, what do I do next ?

Thanks to all for your comments and advice much appreciated. Patricia.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Buy it Now

You end the auction and then list it again as BIN and let that buyer know so they can then go and buy it but they must do it asap so no one else buys it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Buy it Now

just get them to bid on it & then 'end item'

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Buy it Now

End item as "sell to highest bidder" or words to that effect.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Buy it Now

You end the auction and then list it again as BIN and let that buyer know so they can then go and buy it but they must do it asap so no one else buys it.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Buy it Now

just get them to bid on it & then 'end item'
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Buy it Now

Or you can do it that way 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Buy it Now

End item as "sell to highest bidder" or words to that effect.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Buy it Now

Ths is just to satisfy my curiosity, but  why would you end an auction early because someone is willing to pay the the minimum bid?   (or did I misunderstand?)

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Buy it Now

OPs min bid price sounds like the price they're happy to receive 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Buy it Now

@lupercal wrote:

Ths is just to satisfy my curiosity, but  why would you end an auction early because someone is willing to pay the the minimum bid?   (or did I misunderstand?)

My auctions have a starting bid that is the minimum I'm happy to accept. I'm guessing it's the same for the OP. Since everyone was forced into GTC for BIN items, plus the ending of the $1 weekends, I am putting all my items back to auction, to use the 9 free relists, and adding a note in the description stating I will end an auction early if the bidder doesn't wish to wait. I think a few others here thought that was a good idea and are adopting the same practice.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Buy it Now

They may also be wanting to post an item the buyer previously bought, and can't wait for the section auction to finish because they'd get a postage defect if they don't post the first item.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply