Buyer arrived to pick up item then left without taking item

jambah24
Community Member

I recently sold an item the buyer paid on paypal then organised a time to pickup , when they arrived they realised that it wasnt what they wanted despite the dimensions and multiple photos on the add. They then left without the item saying that we could keep the payment amount . A couple of weeks later I recieve an email requesting a refund of the amount . It has now been upgraded to a request through ebay resolution . I would appreciate some input on where I stand on this. Do I just tell them to come to come and pickup the item that they paid for or what.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

well they have every right not to take it if it's not what they thought. Even though they said keep the money, morally you should return it. They won't win a paypal dispute but they might win a chargeback from the bank if they paid with a credit card then paypal will slug you $15.00, so do the morally correct thing and just refund their money.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

As harley said refund them through Paypal or things could get out of order and you'll end up with a neg and trashed star ratings, and it is the right thing to do, refund that is.......................... 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply