Buyer asks to refund, processing the refund means I am short in my account. HOW?

I sell an item for $270 + $30 postage ($300).... eBay puts my cut into my eBay account.

Buyer asked asks for a refund before shipping, I agree, ebay refunds payment, and someone I'm 30 cents short, or I owe eBay 30 cents? eh? There must be a error.
total to refund to buyer $300

postage $30

Purchase Price 270.00

fees credit -42.20

---

final value fee 42.20

refund amount you owe: 259.80

YOUR FUNDS 259.50 <--- in my account from sale.

Need to Charge your Visa $0.30....

Ummm..... someones maths is out....

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Buyer asks to refund, processing the refund means I am short in my account. HOW?

that's the non-refundable transaction fee

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Elsewhere on these boards https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Ebay-keeps-30-cents-after-I-had-to-cancel-a-sale/td-p/24657... a seller relates what ebay told them regarding the non refundable 30c ebay fee.  Apparently the ebay argument is that the seller doesn't have to accept the request to refund.

You could try an online chat with ebay but hardly worth it for 30c.

If a similar situation come up you could refund a buyer less .30c . I wouldn't bother if it were me.

Given that there are free listings available, an occasion 30c to ebay doesn't seem so bad.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

• Per-order fee credit for cancelled transactionsWe understand that buyers may cancel transactions for various reasons at no fault of the seller. In these cases, you’ll receive a credit of the entire final value fee, including the $0.30 per-order fee when you approve a buyer’s cancellation request.

• Per-order fee credit on full voluntary refunds: If you decide to voluntarily issue a full refund to a buyer, the $0.30 per-order fee will now be automatically included in your fee credit.

Just needed to wait a few days before they come into effect.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

As eol said, you should have waited until Saturday to refund, when the full value of the transaction would have been refunded. Something advertised in seller updates last month. Surely as a seller you read relevant notifications?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply