Buyer changed his mind and wants refund before he received an item

Hi! Buyer paid for item and item was posted on the same day as purchase (QLD to VIC). In 2 days buyer sent me message : "I'm regret I don't want to buy your item plz do full refund". I have respond him I agree to refund but after you get and post it back. He dont want to understand and just sent me same messages : "I need you refund plz otherwise I'll leave a negative feedback!". In this situation I think he just want to get free item and never tell truth about receiving.

Please advise me what i have to do.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Report him/her to Ebay and attach a copy of the message they sent

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

@fashionbox1112 wrote:

Hi! Buyer paid for item and item was posted on the same day as purchase (QLD to VIC). In 2 days buyer sent me message : "I'm regret I don't want to buy your item plz do full refund". I have respond him I agree to refund but after you get and post it back. He dont want to understand and just sent me same messages : "I need you refund plz otherwise I'll leave a negative feedback!". In this situation I think he just want to get free item and never tell truth about receiving.

Please advise me what i have to do.

Thanks.

Threatening to leave negative feedback - especially when he hasn't even received the item yet - is against the rules and would be grounds for its removal. Keep all of your dealings with him via eBay's message system so that eBay can see them - it shows that you have acted correctly and it is the buyer who is not following correct procedure.

I would just explain 1 more time that he needs to return the item before you refund (send him the link explaining the policy if you like). You could also get him to request a cancellation for change of mind - he is, after all, the one who has created the issue, not you.

Rest assured that eBay will remove a negative in this situation, but you should phone them - follow the Customer Support links through contact eBay etc until you get to the phone option and are given a 1-time code to use. You're likely to get a run-around if you use live chat etc. You can ask them to look at the messages which show him threatening you and saying that he has changed his mind.

Good luck,

Marina.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Thanks for respond! Yes I reported to Ebay and they said they will delete negative feedback from this buyer. Now I just think if he will say : I never received this item. Is it enough to have a copy of messages he sent to proof his tricks? I use eBay's message system.
Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

I sent him the link explaining the refund policy but he just tell the same: I'm still waiting for item but I need refund....

Thanks for help

Olga

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

If I were you, I would stop answering him now, you have said everything twice. Did you post he item with tracking, or do you have any other proof of postage eg eBay's postage system?  That will show that the item was posted and should be able to prove delivery.

Even without that, it's way too soon for him to make any claims about not receiving it. And if he keeps harrassing you, talk to eBay again. I'm sure they'll be helpful.

Marina.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Unfortunately it was posted without tracking, just normal post from post office. But if he had said after 2-3 weeks that he still dont received item I would ready to refund (it is not a big money). But now it just looks like cheating. So what you think, should I answer him again and again with the same explanations? His last message: I'm still waiting for item but I need refund , I haven't got the item yet.

Olga
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Personally, if I was worried about being scammed, I might be tempted to even contact the delivery office for the postcode of the sent article and see what they advise.

You could also read the information on the Australia Post website (eg type into google missing mail items australia post), which will list things to check - and there is even an online missing item enquiry form should you ever need it.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Make sure you add this buyer to your blocked bidder/buyer list.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Thanks for advises guys. When I can block this member?
Message 10 of 23
Latest reply