Item Description Defect ...

How about this one!!!  I received a defect from eBay for Item Description for an item that was never delivered becase the buyer neglected to pay for it. How can that happen?

Four days ago I emailed eBay explaining what happened and asked that the defect be removed from my Seller Dashboard but nothing has been done. Why are we just supposed to wear their decisions. In this case they are clearly in the wrong.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Did you open a non paying dispute? Once they are closed, they can't leave feedback or a DSR. If you use the unpaid assistant, they are blocked from leaving feedback as soon as it's opened. I would push the issue with eBay because no transaction took place, therefore, there shouldn't be any feedback/DSR relating to that sale.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I didn't want any more trouble with the buyer so I simply cancelled the sale and I got my money back from eBay. I resold the item and received glowing feedback from the new buyer who said the item was gorgeous.

The day the new buyer gave me her feedback the old buyer came back on and gave me positive feedback. Would you believe this??? Then she had a bit of a fiddle with my DSRs and left.

I have emailed eBay twice but they have done nothing. Oh, they did make me a Power Seller and told me what a great seller I am. Go figure!!!

I will email again.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Might pay to ring them, you will probably have better luck. Sellers are moving away from cancelling because it triggers defects and it also allows the buyer to leave bad feedback and trash your star rating. Non payer......open a dispute, regardless of what sob story they lay on you. Then add them to your blocked buyer list so they can't pull the same stunt again. That way they can't trash your feedback or star rating.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

because they are muppets in the trust and security department. Thet removed a motocycle accessory bell of mine listed in motorcycle accesories> other. Got a defect becuse it had a pink ribbon picture on it so it belong in mechandise, media.

I said so I am not to categorize an item according to what it does or what it is used for but for the picture on it?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I did add her to my blocked buyers list straight away after I put in the request to cancel the transaction. Next time I will put in a NPB dispute. And I won't listen to any of the sob stories. She was such a nasty person and I guess I panicked a bit. Anyway, live and learn they say 🙂

Is it expensive to phone eBay? I live in regional Queensland.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Unbelievable!!! What next? I had a seven year break away from selling on eBay between 2007 & 2014 when we went travelling. I came back on eBay in March this year and found a totally different selling venue. In days gone by the seller was protected and now all we get is fed to the wolves. How much more are we supposed to cop?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

It's a 1800 number so should be free from landlines. Click on Customer Support at the top of any eBay page, then click on contact eBay. Click on selling, then select the option you want.....probably the feedback option. Once you've clicked on that, you will see 'call us' on the right. Click on that and a pop up box will give you the 1800 number and a code that you need. That code is a one time code and does expire (can't remember how long it lasts as I've never had to call them, but someone else should be able to tell you).

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply