Buyer claims item not received yet has left feedback?? Please advise

Hi all, I have just received a request from Ebay advising me that a buyer has not received their item?

Buyer's Message:

"I returned home from holiday and the item has still not arrived. Please advise."

The auction ended on the 1st of July, item paid for on the 3rd by paypal. I posted the same day.

Feedback received from buyer on the 10th of July. I left feedback at this point as I always leave feedback after I have received it from the buyer as that indicates to me that they have received their item and are happy.

Now today I receive the message that they "havent received their item and want a refund" HELP!

I dont have tracking trying to keep postage costs down and as it was a small item I posted as a letter.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I would just remind them that they have left positive feedback for the item on the 10th July, it's now a month later suggest that perhaps they have you mixed up with another seller? If they open a case for item not received you will lose as you have no tracking.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

harley has said it perfect ,

you could also check with ebay on there feedback what did they click for delivery ,dont they ask on feedback did the item come in time frame,   but as harley says it could be a mix up.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

I would just remind them that they have left positive feedback for the item on the 10th July, it's now a month later suggest that perhaps they have you mixed up with another seller? If they open a case for item not received you will lose as you have no tracking.

Thanks great response I have done just that. I think they may have already done that as their request came thru the resolution centre? Why would someone leave feedback? and wait so long to put in a claim? And not message me directly ages ago?

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@sistersinsync159 wrote:

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

Thanks great response I have done just that. I think they may have already done that as their request came thru the resolution centre? Why would someone leave feedback? and wait so long to put in a claim? And not message me directly ages ago?

eBay's shoplifting money back guarantee at sellers' expense comes to mind.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

harley has said it perfect ,

you could also check with ebay on there feedback what did they click for delivery ,dont they ask on feedback did the item come in time frame,   but as harley says it could be a mix up.

Hi, how do I check on what the clicked for delivery. Thanks in advance

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@sistersinsync159 wrote:

Hi, how do I check on what the clicked for delivery. Thanks in advance

You can't. You could try talking to eBay, but it's unlikely they'd tell you. Besides, not all buyers put in the correct response anyway. I had one last week where their item was posted the same day as payment (I have a 5 day handling time), they received it interstate 2 days later. They said it arrived after the estimate so ticked no. I find that very hard to believe because the time it took to arrive was less than my handling time. Other buyers in that state is says 6-11 days for delivery, so how she said 2 days was outside the delivery time was beyond me.
Also, not everyone ticks that box, same as not everyone leaves a star rating. I know a few feedback I left for sellers recently, I forgot to tick it before I submitted the feedback. Some sellers, who's items arrived well before the estimate didn't have the box to tick at all, so you may well have not had it either.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

wendshee - how did you find out? Did they give you low dsr's as well?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Buyer has cancelled the the Request.

This request won't count against you when determining your seller standing.You can view the details of this request in the Resolution Centre.

Will I have a defect against me or am I ok?

By the way no communication from the buyer. But it was a mistake. Buyer wrote 'The case was supposed to be issued on a pair of shoes I purchased and clicked the wrong listing in error."

Thanks to all for their advice and comments on this matter.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Sounds like you should be okay, if there is a defect showing already and it hasn't disappeared after 2-3 days, give eBay a call and point them to the line in their message that says it won't count against you and ask for the defect to be removed.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply