Buyer did not choose postage and cannot pick up item either

Hi All, I’m new to selling on eBay and need some advice on how to handle a situation whereby the buyer did not choose postage options but also cannot pick the item up (they are interstate). I thought there must be a way to adjust the total cost by adding the applicable postage cost to the selling price, but so far I haven’t figured out how to do this. Could anyone help me out on this please? Thank you so much 🙂

PS: I don’t believe I have the option to send invoices to buyers, have already tried following such instructions before. Maybe that is only available to those who run shops and not the average person doing a wardrobe clear out?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Buyer did not choose postage and cannot pick up item either

They would have had to select SOME option.

Did the buyer select pickup?

If so, cancel using 'problem with buyer's address'.

I would also block them.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If the buyer has already paid, then you can't send an invoice. You could offer to send the buyer your bank account details and they can deposit the postage amount, ensuring the money is in your account before you post, or do as Dave said and cancel using the problem with buyer's address option.

Sending an invoice is not limited to people with a store. I've never owned a store. Anyone can send an invoice, say to combine postage, as long as the buyer hasn't paid. Once they've paid, that option is gone forever.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

This is a fairly common problem for my business. Usually it is a customer intending to pick up and then finding it difficult to do so or they did the math to find fuel costs and inconvenience are larger than postage.

I have a postage only item which I list when this occurs. The item cost is zero, postage cost as appropriate to the item previously purchased. I prefer to do this as the cancelling due to 'problems with buyer's address' has lead to the customer not repurchasing. Loss of sale.

I have run this past ebay CS a couple of times but it just confused them. Although they could not see a policy problem, it's just not part of their script.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

As others have suggested,  cancel problem with buyers address.   Block,  and don't worry about the lost sale.   They are more trouble than they are worth.  If they cant work out that they are in a different sate,  they dont deserve the privilege of dealing with you

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply