Buyer filed a dispute / chargeback with their bank as they don't recognise the transaction

I received an email informing me of this dispute today, 18 December. This is the first time I've experienced this in 5 years, and I'm aware that I am eligible for seller protection, however the buyer's purchase transaction took place on 14 September, so just over 3 months ago. And I cannot view the sale details for items sold over 90 days ago to gather the proof I need of tracked delivery confirmation, etc.

How do I respond and prove this was a proper sale / purchase if I can't access the transaction details? Is that why the buyer has taken this long to file the dispute? Why did they not notice it months ago if they didn't recognise the transaction? Why not check their ebay account to see what they had purchased? 

Help! 

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Buyer filed a dispute / chargeback with their bank as they don't recognise the transaction

Glad to hear

Message 31 of 35
Latest reply

Re: Buyer filed a dispute / chargeback with their bank as they don't recognise the transaction

If the tracking expires and the number becomes obsolete, would Aus Post be able to see the full record showing delivery? When I tracked this parcel on their website, it just came up with no updates / item has not been scanned yet, as if it never existed.

In terms of the buyer's bank, that is not my concern. Ebay Seller Protection is what allows the bank to recoup the funds from ebay, but results in ebay not passing on that debit to me.

Message 32 of 35
Latest reply

Plenty of people have had to repay the money when they lose a chargeback, probably more so if the tracking doesn't show as delivered. Seller protection comes in when the item is marked as delivered. If the item is showing as not scanned, the money will come from you. Are you sure you uploaded the correct tracking number? Do you have a lodgement receipt?

You would have to go to your PO with the tracking number to get them to check it. They can see lots more than what we can.

Message 33 of 35
Latest reply

@kitty-kat-kollection wrote:

If the tracking expires and the number becomes obsolete, would Aus Post be able to see the full record showing delivery? Yes, unless things have changed in the last 2years

When I tracked this parcel on their website, it just came up with no updates / item has not been scanned yet, as if it never existed.  When did you track it on the website,  if over a certain timeframe it wont, remember you also admit that you don't get the initial scan,   and they do go through with no scans at times.   

In terms of the buyer's bank, that is not my concern. Ebay Seller Protection is what allows the bank to recoup the funds from ebay, but results in ebay not passing on that debit to me.  Ah yes it is your concern,  if you cant prove delivery,  why should Ebay cover the MBG,  that falls on you in that case. That why you must and should get that initial scan at least,  and I get and keep all receipts, so if tracking has dropped off the AP website, I can prove easily that I at least lodged the parcel.

Message 34 of 35
Latest reply

Are you funds on hold btw? or nah does it say its covered?

Message 35 of 35
Latest reply