Buyer has left negative feedback but won't return my calls

I have just sold an item to someone who has just turned around and left negative feedback (my first!) saying that he can't contact me even though we have been emailing each other and he won't return my calls. Is there anything I can do about the feedback?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If your emails were through the ebay message system, you may be able to get it removed.  Click on Customer Support, follow the links and PHONE ebay, don't email or use dead help:-)

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Presumably if there has been an exchange of emails the buyer was complaining about something else other than the couldn't contact reason.

As it was pick up only I am surprised you only offer Paypal, while buyers have no protection for pick up items sellers don't have protection against bank chargebacks either.

Feedback is not meant to be used as a communication device and neither should you have used their name, the comment could be viewed as having negative connotations and if he complains to ebay and they agree then the comment will be removed, the green dot will stay and you will have a policy violation recorded against your account.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Well, it was his decision to purchase the item regardless of what you consider "fair". The email contact between us was because he wanted to let me know during the auction that I obviously had no idea how valuable the item was given the low starting price. Yes, how ironic.

I'm always left gobsmacked at how aggressive people are on these forums.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Shirley you need to open a Unpaid item dispute, and close it in 4 days time, then his f/b and yours will be removed.

using the fb forum to make contact is not seen in a favourable light by eBay, as it is meant to be used to give an opinion on the transaction.

however, if he does not respond to the unpaid dispute you can relist your item after the 4th day.make sure you put his ID on your block bidder list

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Sorry to see that the buyer has left a neg only 1 day after the actual auction finished.

With all emails with the buyer make sure you only communicate through the eBay message system as that way eBay will be able to see the emails.

Firstly I would send an email apologising if they have had trouble trying to contact you and provide them with the details they need to organise pick up.

If they choose not to complete the purchase after 4 days you can open an UPI dispute and if payment is not received and a strike is issued eBay will automatically remove the negative feedback.

It may also be worthwhile contacting eBay, as if the buyer hasn't tried to contact you through eBay since the auction finished, eBay may remove the feedback for you.

The other option is that if you are able to work it out with the buyer you can ask them to revise the feedback for you.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I'm always left gobsmacked at how aggressive people are on these forums.

If that was aimed at me could you please point out the aggression. I was merely trying to help you avoid financial loss if you had Paypal as your only payment option and no pay on pick up. You could also end up in strife for the feedback if the buyer complains, and there are lurkers who will have contacted them already to tell them how to proceed,

Emails exchanged before purchase go through the ebay message system but post sale emails don't and it is not unusual for them to end up in the buyer's junk folder. You say they won't return your calls so presumably you have been phoning them.

Have they paid or not? If not then go through the unpaid item process and if they don't pay before you can close it you can request that the neg be removed.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply