Buyer has twice stooged me with cancelled echeques help

I cancelled the order because it has happened twice now,I have blocked the buyer,now eBay says I have to refund the buyer in which I never received payment because there  echeque keeps getting cancelled it's like the buyer is trying to scam me saying they have paid and want me to send there parcel (same buyer twice now)how can I prove to eBay that I never received payment help kind regards

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If buyer uses checkout and e-cheques have bounced, it won't show as paid only payment pending.

Are you sure one of the payments didn't go through until after it was cancelled ?

Also ask the buyer for a receipt number so you can locate the payment.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I doubt that it is the buyer cancelling the e-cheques.

There have been several reports on the boards of paypal payments being reversed almost as soon as they have been made.

Perhaps check with paypal as to what is happening.

I would not worry too much about ebay...they cannot force a refund of funds that were never received.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I've had people try similar things in the past.

One purchased items, paid by eCheque, sent a message via eBay the next day saying their eCheque had cleared and told me to post their items right away. I knew the eCheque hadn't cleared (PP will always send notifications when they do, plus the quickest they usually clear is 3 business days). I logged into PP and the eCheque was showing as cancelled. Smiley Mad Needless to say they were left with no items and no ability to buy from me again. 

There definitely have been funny things going on with PayPal payments, though, with full reversals happening. I had one earlier this week where it was reversed but there was nothing to indicate it in the usual things I check when I pick / pack an order, so it got sent out before I discovered the payment was reversed. However, they just show as refunded in PayPal, not cancelled eCheques or whathave you.

Just to clarify, are eBay just sending automated reminders about refunding, or are they being a bit more direct? If the payment status is unverifiable, that will sometimes trigger emails from eBay (don't forget to refund your buyer type of stuff), which you can ignore without implications - besides, if there was a cleared payment, cancelling via eBay would have triggered a refund. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Got a message from buyer to send parcel now as payment has been made logged into my PayPal account to check payment was pending so I didn't send got a another message from buyer to send checked again payment cancelled so I cancelled the order threw eBay got to the 30th to refund the buyer,I'm only new to selling and I know this buyer is trying to scam me as they tried it a couple of months ago same thing same items I left the items in my archive and reposted on the 10th of this month same buyer same bulls... I just don't understand this refund when I never received payment
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

There is a line threw the $$$ amount in my PayPal overview and says cancelled 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If you haven't already, add their user ID to your Blocked Buyer list so that they can't attempt it a third time:

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin&hc=1&hm=uk%601d72f%2B24a3

It might be worth phoning eBay and getting acknowledgement from them that the payment never cleared, but was cancelled, just in case they (eBay) try anything funny on the 30th. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply