Buyer is reneging on purchase, fees question

Hi, an item I listed has sold (a fridge for $300) but the buyer has responed noting that his wife clicked 'buy' without checking the dimensions listed in the ad and he doesn't want it. Will I be charged a fee for the sale, and if so , how much - can I claim this from the 'buyer'?

Thanks

Andy

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Buyer is reneging on purchase, fees question

@sherw00d wrote:

Hi, an item I listed has sold (a fridge for $300) but the buyer has responed noting that his wife clicked 'buy' without checking the dimensions listed in the ad and he doesn't want it. Will I be charged a fee for the sale, and if so , how much - can I claim this from the 'buyer'?

Thanks

Andy

Do as tippy suggests in the post above this one.

You asked-'Will I be charged a fee for the sale & can I claim the fees from the buyer?' and you said somewhere else the buyer had offered to pay any fees.

The answer is of course you will be charged a fee for the sale. Ebay charges fees on every sale. Those fees are calculated when the sale is made, not when the payment is made, so unless you follow the  system in place and inform ebay the sale didn't go through, the fees will remain. Basically no, you can't claim any fees from the buyer, that's not how it works on ebay, for the simple reason there is no way you or ebay could enforce it.

Ebay already has a system in place to cover situations where a sale falls through & that is by either a cancellation or an unpaid item dispute/claim. If you follow either of those routes, neither you nor the bidder will be out of pocket with the fees as ebay will refund them to you.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply