Buyer just sent a message saying they are not happy with their purchase

Can anyone assist as this is the first time this has happened. I have just had a buyer contact me to say they have just unwrapped their purchase and it is tarnished and not genuine (it is genuine and was not tarnished, photos were on listing). Trouble is it was delivered to them almost 6 weeks ago! How do I respond to them? If anyone can give me some hints it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They are out of time for an eBay claim, luckily. Paypal will require them to pay the return postage (or at least not require you to) if they claim INAD.

They could possibly do a chargeback through their credit card provider, if they used one. I'm not sure if that works for INAD, though.

It sounds like they are angling for a refund without return. Have they provided proof the item isn't genuine? Have they sent pics of the item? They would need to provide that for Paypal to side with them.

I would politely ask them to send pics of the item they received. That way you can compare their pics with what you actually sent. After that, if they actually send pics, you have more basis for a decision on whether or not they have a case.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Was this one of your jewellery items? Can they not clean it?
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

They are out of time for an eBay claim, luckily. Paypal will require them to pay the return postage (or at least not require you to) if they claim INAD.

They could possibly do a chargeback through their credit card provider, if they used one. I'm not sure if that works for INAD, though.

It sounds like they are angling for a refund without return. Have they provided proof the item isn't genuine? Have they sent pics of the item? They would need to provide that for Paypal to side with them.

I would politely ask them to send pics of the item they received. That way you can compare their pics with what you actually sent. After that, if they actually send pics, you have more basis for a decision on whether or not they have a case.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply