Buyer not paying, doesn't speak English, but wants me to call tham

Buyer with no rating sends message in Chinese & then wants me to call them on a pick up only item, but they write they do not speak English. Go figure. 

I say all correspondence should be through eBay & now 4 days, no response, no payment.

When can I offer second chance to underbidders?

If I do re list, what is to stop them bidding again, & can you exclude bidders with a very low score   

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

First you block them:  

Here's how to add a member to your blocked buyer list:

1. Go to the Block bidders or buyers from your listings - opens in new window or tab page.
  2. Enter the buyer's username in the text box (you can add up to 5,000 usernames).
  3. Select Submit.

Second:   you cancel the order if it is more then 4 days and 1 minute:   these days, 'cancel the order' is the same process as the previous 'record an unpaid item'.

Third:   when the cancellation process is complete,  ebay will automatically ask you if you want to offer it to the second highest bidder.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You can activate the Unpaid Item Assistant which will open and close cases automatically for you.

Generally after 4 days and 1 minute, the case can be closed against the buyer. Not sure how to offer to the next bidder as I only do Buy It Now.

You can add the buyer to your blocked list to prevent any further mischief.

Also, if you go to your buyer preferences, you can tweak some of them.

Buyers having a low score is different to buyers having low feedback. You can exclude certain buyers if they have had 2 or more unpaid item strikes against them in 12 months (this does help to weed out some bad actors). However, everyone starts with zero feedback and even if a buyer only has 1 feedback, it doesn't mean they're bad. I have lots of new buyers and low feedback buyers with no issues.

Finally, if you add your postcode to your heading, it will minimise confusion. Something like "P/up 3000" will give buyers direct info at a glance so they know if they're even able to follow through with a pickup

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

First you block them:  

Here's how to add a member to your blocked buyer list:

1. Go to the Block bidders or buyers from your listings - opens in new window or tab page.
  2. Enter the buyer's username in the text box (you can add up to 5,000 usernames).
  3. Select Submit.

Second:   you cancel the order if it is more then 4 days and 1 minute:   these days, 'cancel the order' is the same process as the previous 'record an unpaid item'.

Third:   when the cancellation process is complete,  ebay will automatically ask you if you want to offer it to the second highest bidder.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply