Buyer on BBL , but comes through other user id

Sorry ,I am using my personal id for this post as I do not want my buyer , who also sells to start more abuse here.My buyer has paid for purchases after unpaid item dispute opened.We have posted with tracking through eparcel.Now gets very nasty and threatens negative feedback .... this was reported, well of course off he goes.

The buyer has now advised that he has bought from us on numerous occassions, but always through other user ids.  any ideas about extending the bbl ? or what to watch for?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer on BBL , but comes through other user id

Ring ebay tomorrow, they will be able to confirm the sellers different IDs and act on the information for you. Ring them, don't email, it takes too long.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

If somebody uses a different id to get round being on your BBL then you can report them, you cannot report them if they bought from you previously using other ids prior to one of them being blocked.

If they do leave you a neg then call ebay and explain what has happened, ask them to look at the emails which will make it obvious that they have left the neg for no good reason and in order to attack a rival seller.

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

if you have kept records of sales, look back and see if you can find a common name or posting address among your buyers.  They may be just messing with your head though.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you,  we do keep all sales records and will be making a big sign for everyone, with name and address to watch out for.

I hope he is just messing with us...... that  thought is actually  quite comforting.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

another thing, if you have an eBay ID on your Blocked Bidder List and the blocked eBayer uses another ID to circumvent the block then they are breaking eBay rules and you do not have to honour any purchase they make.  Just report the activity to eBay and any feedback they leave would be removed because of the BBL rules.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks again,  I didn't know that. Will try to link details with our BBL

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Ring ebay tomorrow, they will be able to confirm the sellers different IDs and act on the information for you. Ring them, don't email, it takes too long.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Just tell ebay which IDs you are suspicious of, you don't need to go searching all your archives. They can tell if there is any matching information from the IDs you give them, IP addresses, home addresses, telephone numbers etc.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

will do thanks

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

If somebody uses a different id to get round being on your BBL then you can report them, you cannot report them if they bought from you previously using other ids prior to one of them being blocked.

If they do leave you a neg then call ebay and explain what has happened, ask them to look at the emails which will make it obvious that they have left the neg for no good reason and in order to attack a rival seller.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you for all the advice.A call to ebay has certainly been helpful....I felt like I was in a road crash yesterday, but today informed and in touch with ebay it is a different  picture altogether.So thank you once again for sharing your knowledge.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply