Buyer opened request after 90 days??

I've just received a refund request for an item was was sent on 20th September! How on earth is a buyer able to open a case after  more than 3 months? 

Low value item and no tracking, but how is it possible?

Transaction isn't even in my selling history any more.

**bleep**?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Buyer opened request after 90 days??

Yeah, that was insane. I just kept things clear and simple for the chat agent. As soon as I pointed out the timeframe, it was closed. I also asked how come they were able to even open a case to begin with, and he said that sometimes the system does allow the buyer to do so, but due to the time passing, the item was no longer eligible for MBG anyway.

Buyer is on my BBL and now I can charge into the New Year with that $7.58 back in my pocket. 😁

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

bmanly3
Community Member

It's terrible that there are people out there who try to rip others off, just so wrong.

I use to send untracked items too but I went a bit over the top and photographed the package and video taped my post box drop with their address clearly visible. On 3 occasions I uploaded that evidence to the buyer when a "where is my item" message came through. All 3 backed off. Some of the excuses where out there: "Oh it's ok, I just found it under a blanket in the corner and I forgot about it" and another was sent to a PO BOX and the person said after 4 weeks "Oh I just found it at my home private address with all my other mail, I don't know how it got there"..........................Unbelievable.

Glad it worked out for you.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

I've been really fortunate in that I've only ever had a handful of non-receipt issues. The last one I had was early last year and and had tracking anyway. 

In this case, I would have loved to have seen the buyers face when she got the denial message. LOL.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Happened to me also about a month ago. Tracking showed that the fastway/aramex couriers did indeed mess it up (as usual). A request to couriers was immediately turned down as they said they only cater for 30 days.

Ebay closed in my favour as the case was more than 90 days old, but I did feel bad for the buyer.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

This has happened to us a few times, my account manager said its for certain categories on certain phones, It actually works up to 180 days, obviously it cant close in the buyers favor.  But seriously you wait 90 days to not get an item? haha

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

people are aware even under managed payments if a buyer uses paypal to pay the paypal buyer protection is still there right???    

If buyer pays via paypal they have 180 days to open a case via paypal.   Ebay can not do anything about it...

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply