Buyer reckons item not working

I recently sold a Navman. It was in perfect working order when I sent it off a couple of days ago. I felt the buyer paid too much so I returned about $60 to him through PayPal. He received the item, gave me great feedback and now one day later he has put in for a refund through EBay. My money in PayPal has been frozen. Buyer reckons that he tried charging it and it won't turn on. It was working as I have photos of it on. I am worried that as this buyer has realised he paid too much, how do I know that he has not damaged it himself so that he can return it for a refund. I thought once feedback was left for an item that you couldn't then try and get your money back. Do I have a leg to stand on? And what can I do about it.

he has gone through EBay for the refund, not PayPal.

hoping someone has some answers for me on here.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Did you send the software disk with it? If not, tell him to go to the Navman site and download the NavDesk. Then plug it into the computer and update the software. Mine did that and a software upgrade fixed it. I'm not talking about a map upgrade (although that in itself can cause issues if they need to be updated), I'm talking a system software upgrade.

If he doesn't want to do that, then there's probably not a lot you can do short of accepting the return. If you don't accept the return and he asks eBay to step in and help, they will automatically rule in his favour and he'll get to keep the gps and get a full refund.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Hi, I just spoke with the buyer and he said he downloaded Navdesk. He said that he has not been able to do anything with it. He is going to post it by StarTrack tomorrow. As its under warranty I will take it back to where I brought it from. He is willing to purchase it again when it's either fixed or replaced. 

Just frustrating as My PayPal account is now neg. and I was counting on the money from the sale. Not a good time of the year for all this to be happening

And annoyed that I have sent off an item that was in perfect working order but now it's not. Only saving grace is it being under warranty

thanks for your response

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply