Buyer refused to return the item, but requested refund, eBay favored the buyer

Hey guys,

Lately I've got a negative feedback from a suspicious buyer. The buyer contacted me claiming that the item didn't work, but no proof at all, no photos, no nothing, just statement. Then I proactively communicated with him and provided troubleshooting instruction and told him that if the item still has issue, return for refund or replacement. 

Then the buyer left me a negative feedback immediately after I sent him the resolution message. Although eBay's policy stated clearly that leaving negative feedback for requesting refund before the buyer send the item back to the seller is not allowed, and is considered feedback extortion, eBay favored the buyer and refused to remove the feedback.

I think eBay is not fair for sellers at all, when seller has done everything fulfilled element on the transaction, why we still need to be the one who is bullied and accused? 

Do you guys have any similar experience or maybe suggestions on this?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Buyer refused to return the item, but requested refund, eBay favored the buyer

Haha Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy you're telling me!! My business were not affacted because of that confusing negative feedback. Luckily most of the buyers are sensibel enough to read the story.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Re: Buyer refused to return the item, but requested refund, eBay favored the buyer

Smiley Very Happy I couldn't agree more!!

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks for thatSmiley Very Happy It makes sense. Maybe I should try pointing out to eBay that he must confused me with someone else who sold rubies 

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

@gia_jezza wrote:

I've checked the buyer's profile, he's left several neg FB for other sellers as well in the past year. Maybe similar cases in which he couldn't get what he wanted as well.

Perhaps try messaging a couple of those other sellers to politely ask if their situations played out in a similar way, then go back to eBay with this information if so, and point out the pattern of behaviour and policy violation.

I had a very troublesome buyer recently making demands, and I happened to message another seller my buyer had purchased from recently, and discovered they'd gone through something similar. This info proved to be quite handy later.

I agree with you on the fact that we'll get different responses from eBay's customer agents, so yep maybe I'll give it another go later. But talking to the agents sometimes also makes me frustrated, and wastes me time as well Smiley Frustrated

I try to do my agent-chatting when I have some other computer task that I can also complete at the same time.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Thank you very much for your suggestion! Never tried that before, seems like it is worth a try!!!

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply