Buyer requesting different postal address

I had a buyer purchase and pay for an item and then request it be sent to a different address to what they have in Ebay. I said that it's against policy and I could cancel the sale and they could correct their address and repurchase. They went on a rant so I cancelled and they have now left negative feedback. I reported them for requesting the different address, but is Ebay likely to delete the negative feedback?

TIA!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I hope you've blocked them so they can't buy again.

If you cancelled and ticked 'problem with buyer's address' then it's always worth ringing ebay and asking them to remove the feedback.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I hope you've blocked them so they can't buy again.

If you cancelled and ticked 'problem with buyer's address' then it's always worth ringing ebay and asking them to remove the feedback.
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Yes have blocked them. Can I call Ebay anytime?

Thanks so much for your help. 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

During business hours and request a call back as those reps tend to be better.

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Customer support are sleeping for the night, you can get in touch with them again in the morning.
I usually contact them via online chat - I find it a bit easier than calling, and you get a transcript emailed to you afterward as well.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I just send to the requested address, then advise the buyer how to do it properly. Guess what? No INR requests.

What the OP has done is cost themselves Paypal fees, if the buyer already paid. A fair chunk to follow illogical policies in the mistaken belief that eBay will actually protect a seller.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Depends on the value of the item you sell. Last time this happened to me it was ~$1500 sale and I wasn't going to go posting it off to a different address.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for your help! 

Ebay have deleted feedback and seller fees and paypal fees refunded.

Very easy!

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

While I wouldn't send a $1500 item to an alternate address to the one in order details, over the years I have probably sent at least 50 lower value items to alternate addresses advised after purchase without issue. I find the people who advise alternate addresses after purchase are not usually scammers, just not highly organised. Probably a slightly higher risk group, but no problems so far.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply