Buyer requesting receipt different to Paypal name.

shazzj
Community Member

Have a buyer who paid with Paypal that wants me to send a receipt in a different name to the Paypal account. Paypal sends a recipt so wondering why I should send another in a different name. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Tell the buyer that you cannot send one but they can print one out from ebay.

To the right of item in their purchase history is a small drop down menu, select view order details.

Then select printer friendly version and print out.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

As kopes said, if they have bought through eBay using Paypal, they have all the necessary receipts available.

I suspect they are after a Tax Invoice so they can claim GST.

IF you are registered for GST, you could issue one in the name of the payee. If you aren't registered for GST, advise them of that fact. In either case you really can only provide one in the name of the payee, not some other entity they choose post-sale.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Tell the buyer that you cannot send one but they can print one out from ebay.

To the right of item in their purchase history is a small drop down menu, select view order details.

Then select printer friendly version and print out.

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

As kopes said, if they have bought through eBay using Paypal, they have all the necessary receipts available.

I suspect they are after a Tax Invoice so they can claim GST.

IF you are registered for GST, you could issue one in the name of the payee. If you aren't registered for GST, advise them of that fact. In either case you really can only provide one in the name of the payee, not some other entity they choose post-sale.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply