Buyer requests refund for item not working

Hi, 

I need some advice about this issue. I sold a data flashdrive on the 6th of July, where the buyer had informed me later, on the 18th of July, that the item is not working for her - she had tried it on several devices and can't seem to be able to transfer files as apparently there's no space on the drives. I have checked before putting it on sale that the item works perfectly fine and there shouldn't be any problems.She had told me that she would ask for some help and get back to me in a couple of days, but I haven't heard from her since.

Today I had gotten a message saying that a refund request had been opened and she is requesting refund for the item, which she would mail back.

However, I'm just confused as to how I should proceed with this as it had been nearly two months since she bought the item.

Any advice is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Buyer requests refund for item not working

Once you receive the item back, test it to see if it is not working.

If not, either refund the buyer or replace the item whichever the buyer prefers.

If it's in perfect working condition, message the buyer explaining they can have the item returned when they pay for postage or a refund for item cost only.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If she paid with PayPal she has 180 days to request a refund. With eBays Money Back Guarantee she only has 30 days.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I'm assuming this flash drive is 8/16/32GB as opposed to a 1TB+ hard drive or the like. Clearly it must the drive's fault that it can't store several hundred (or thousand) gigabytes!
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply