Buyer returned empty box in Paypal Dispute

I am a regular seller on ebay. I have two ebay stores and I have a buyer recently bought a similar item at both of my stores. He bought some rubber lip which is measured by certain length. He bought one listing with 235cm and one listing for 400cm. After that, he disputed in Paypal without contacting me claiming he only received 100cm on each parcel and also claimed they were damaged during transit. Paypal again back the buyer and request the buyer to return the items for a refund which he surely willing to do. Today I received two boxes with papers in it but not even the leftover 100cm. This is purely dodgy which make use of buyer protection in Paypal to get free products once in a while if not often. What can I do? It is not about the money but the anger which I felt in this country which make use of the return policy. Any advise will be good. Currently appeal the cases but still waiting for Paypal to get back to me. 

Feel so disappointed while you are doing the best for the buyers. 

If anyone who have the same or similar problem with this guys, do post here.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Buyer returned empty box in Paypal Dispute

Sorry to hear that mate, but if you want to sell in Ebay's world, get use to it, they have opened the flood gates and if they don't close them very soon it'll all be over for all of us honest sellers. Smiley Sad

You won't win the case because you can't prove it, as i've said many a times as far as Ebay is concerned the buyer MUST be right.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Does the package have a weight on it?

If yes then is the weight equal to what it should be with said quantity on the items?
If it is not the weight it should be then let paypal know this.

I got an empty box from a seller and I had to take the box and any packing to the police and get a police report and then ebay refunded my money.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

By joining up to ebay and paypal you agree that you allow them to make the final decision. I think they have a "duty of care" that they need to uphold so you could make complaints to the FSO.They seem to make judgements for the buyer far to often.

I think the whole system is automated as well, so no person is making a judgment, the computer is. Some dude probably sits at ebay headquarters all day getting $10 an hour just to click yes, the computer is right.

You could make a report with the police but it is just going to come down to the fact there is no real proof. Someone working at the post office could take something for instance.

I actually think everyone that has this sort of thing happen should target Australia Post as the cause. If they get really annoyed they can do something about it. I think they are also just as much to blame as the scammer that says something hasn;t arrived or has missing parts. They will care then and maybe start to make some changes on how things operate.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

never open a return unless at the P.O. with camera in hand....then at least you have potential stat decs 😞

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

@maxvisionaus wrote:

I am a regular seller on ebay. I have two ebay stores and I have a buyer recently bought a similar item at both of my stores. He bought some rubber lip which is measured by certain length. He bought one listing with 235cm and one listing for 400cm. After that, he disputed in Paypal without contacting me claiming he only received 100cm on each parcel and also claimed they were damaged during transit. Paypal again back the buyer and request the buyer to return the items for a refund which he surely willing to do. Today I received two boxes with papers in it but not even the leftover 100cm. This is purely dodgy which make use of buyer protection in Paypal to get free products once in a while if not often. What can I do? It is not about the money but the anger which I felt in this country which make use of the return policy. Any advise will be good. Currently appeal the cases but still waiting for Paypal to get back to me. 

Feel so disappointed while you are doing the best for the buyers. 

If anyone who have the same or similar problem with this guys, do post here.

I can understand your anger, but you cannot name & shame here. Also, you have put the name & address, which is just not on. It will be removed.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Don't give up on it Max.

Come back here and let us know PayPal's response.

image host
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I would email the buyer and tell them unless they close the dispute in your favour you will be going down to the police station with the packaging and a stat dec to have them investigated for obtaining goods by deception.

If it is a Paypal dispute then often, after asking to speak to a supervisor, a stat dec is all that is needed although sometimes they will require a crime report number. If they still refuse to cancel the dispute in your favour tell them if the money is not back in your account within 48 hours you will be contacting the ombudsman with all your evidence. That almost always does the trick.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

The case is closed as the buyer has returned something with a tracking number. I dont why even the buyer username has been removed as it he often do this, at least we as a seller know what is happening.
Both cases have been closed and appealed so i can only wait and see what paypal say.
What is stat dec? The paypal officer do mentioned before but i dont know who need to sign this form
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

i have nothing to advise, if it happen to me... i will have no idea what to do.... so very sorry to hear this and wish you all the best with this case .........

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply