Buyer using "Amazon scam" of switching Product to get Refund and Keep the Product

Hey Guys,

So This is a first for me, but Ill try and layout all the information as thoroughly as possible.

Abit over a month ago I sold 2 Items, Both were from international buyers, which is usually rare for me.

The sales happened a couple of hours apart from each other and Were both going to Russia.

One Item was $7, the other was $100, posatge for both was around $27.

I thought it was wierd for the $7 Item, since there are readily avaliable alternatives in europe for alot less Postage.

Both Items were being sent to different buyers, 30 Minutes away from each other.

Both Accounts have less than 10 Feedback (at the time I believe one was 2 and the other was 5).

So I did what I normally do, I payed for Postal Insurance for the $100 one, declare the item to customs, and send Both off.

A Month later the Buyer of the $100 Item claims I sent him the wrong Item. I know this is not Genuine since:

- Both were packed on Seperate days

- The $7 Item does not fit in the box I sent the $100 one in, and Photos that the buyer provided show that

- The second Item was sent in a satchel untracked

- I would understand if I wrote the wrong names on the parcel and satchel, and the buyer of the $100 Item showed that he recieved the box, not the satchel

ebay are kind of useless, one agent tells me what I want to hear only for another one to say something completly different, at times some of the agent dont even read my messages and just copypaste the faqs. I was told to wait out the days and then ask ebay to step in, only for ebay to, within an hour, come to the conclusion that I have to refund the buyer (not issue a return, since  I feel like ebay knows it was a scam, if they didnt, then they would tell me to contact the second buyer and  attempt to send him the item he ordered after I recieve it back, but who cares, just give the scammer his money).  After some disjointed back and forth, one agent asked me to issue a return and then escalate it when I get it back, but after the constant faffing around from "help" I am inclined to believe the agents just want to solve their immediate issue, even if what they are saying is not correct.

So now I am turning to actual experts for help.
What Should I do?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Buyer using "Amazon scam" of switching Product to get Refund and Keep the Product

Depending on what your cost is on the $100 item but I would be inclined to want the item back before refunding.

And because they are overseas you cannot supply a label so buyer needs to be able to show item returned delivered to you in a return case.

I suspect buyer is hoping you will just refund.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Depending on what your cost is on the $100 item but I would be inclined to want the item back before refunding.

And because they are overseas you cannot supply a label so buyer needs to be able to show item returned delivered to you in a return case.

I suspect buyer is hoping you will just refund.

image host
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply