Buyer wants to return item

Hello

Need advice, buyer bought a two piece outfit and was delivered on the 6th March. I have a 7 day return policy. Reason for return top doesn't support bust. Unsure what to do, not obliged under consumer laws to change. I have given measurements on listing.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Buyer wants to return item

If you have a 7 day return policy well that answers you problem but being a male i would want to see the "bust" pictures to make sure lol good luck.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Actually it depends on how she's requested the refund. 

Did she open up a Return Request? 

Was the reason, It didn't fit?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

No she hasn't opened up a return request.

I'd say she's big busted, did have measurements up
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@thefashiondepotau wrote:
Hello

Need advice, buyer bought a two piece outfit and was delivered on the 6th March. I have a 7 day return policy. Reason for return top doesn't support bust. Unsure what to do, not obliged under consumer laws to change. I have given measurements on listing.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Because the buyer's request is within your return period, and your listings (the ones I looked at anyway), say that returns are accepted within 7 days - I'm sorry but that actually means you are obligated under consumer law to accept the return (because the second you say returns are accepted, you oblige yourself legally, and 7 days, buyer pays return postage were the only conditions for return that I could see). 

With eBay's set-up, if you don't want to accept change of mind returns, you actually have to have 'no returns accepted' on your listings, because this doesn't interfere with a consumer's standard rights (i.e. they still have the right of return for faulty items, then it's up to you to decide if you want to allow change of mind returns).

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Hi

Thanks for that I can now deal with it.

Cheers
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Just in case, it might pay to make sure they understand the item needs to be returned in original condition, and that the refund will only be issued once it's been received back (in this case I would only refund item price, with original and return postage payable by the buyer). 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Yes I agree I was going to go back to her along those lines.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

if buyer uses Ebays return process, which they might if you appear reluctant, and they select a problem with the item. Then that will force a refund including return post. True or not, reason does not matter. It is buyer say so.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply