Buyer won auction but doesn't want the items. What do I do now?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

you will have to wait 4 days then go into your sold item and click on the drop down menu select resolve a problem and choose buyer has not paid (top option). The buyer will have another 4 days to pay if not go in and close the dispute you will receive your fees back and buyer will receive a strike for non payment.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

you can wait the 4 days and open case for non payment or you can send buyer requst to cancelle transaction and if buyer agrees you will get your fvf back and then can relist 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

And if that is what is done the buyer will continue to play games and waste more time.

I suggest go through the unpaid item process and give the buyer a strike so they will eventually get stopped.

If you do not want an item then do not bid.

This is not an occasional mistake it is vindictive time and money wasting, market manipulation, or protecting somebody elses distorted prices.

bidding on Ebay is not compulsory, so why do we have to protect people who are doing it all the time?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

agree but i was only telling op what options is available.

ive had 6 non payers in the past two months and it starts getting to the point that the strike system needs improving.

seems many of these no payers gets a few strikes close account then open new account and continue to be a pain.

maybe change policy to stike giving to the ip address of account holder then if continues ban the ip address then that buyer cant open a new account because ip address would be banned. just thinking outside the box lol. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I agree with your suggestion.

I placed two IDs from one seller on my blocked list. Then he popped up with another ID which I knew nothing about. Eventually I placed that on my blocked list too.  

I do sometimes wonder whether "trouble-maker buyers" are acting as agents for blocked buyers - but maybe that's paranoid!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@diecastcarsvicki wrote:

agree but i was only telling op what options is available.

ive had 6 non payers in the past two months and it starts getting to the point that the strike system needs improving.

seems many of these no payers gets a few strikes close account then open new account and continue to be a pain.

maybe change policy to stike giving to the ip address of account holder then if continues ban the ip address then that buyer cant open a new account because ip address would be banned. just thinking outside the box lol. 

I have mobile broadband. I get a different IP address every time I connect to the internet. How does that work with people like me? And I'm sure I'm not alone.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply