Buyer wont respond or pay

Buyer hasnt responded to reminders to pay

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Stop sending reminders. Every time that you do, the 4-day deadline restarts, so youโ€™re only extending the buyerโ€™s timeframe.

When until you are able to cancel the sale with the reason Buyer didnโ€™t pay, do so. The buyer will receive an invisible strike. Block the buyer and relist. You wonโ€™t be charged final value fees. Situation sorted.

(Andโ€ฆ make sure youโ€™ve set your buyer requirements to block buyers who have two or more strikes over the last year.)

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Ebay sends out an automatic reminder,  I never send reminders,   just at 4 days and 1 second open a buyer did not pay case.  All sorted.  Don't waste your time or effort on them.

In my other life if they fail to pay, or are tardy,  I fail to turn up for any further visits.  Had one the other day who asked, why didnt I talk to them,  nothing to talk about really,  you didnt pay on time, I don't waste my time on you, I have a family to feed,  don't care about your issues.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@newman*1082* wrote:

Buyer hasnt responded to reminders to pay

Don't put up with that nonsense. They get 4 days. 

Quite honestly, if people buy something, there is no reason they can't pay for it imemdiately. If they buy via auction, then I'd expect them to check within 24 hours.

If they haven't, then the truth is they are not interested. Don't waste your time with reminders, they are not going to pay.

As others have said, open an ebay claim for an unpaid item asap.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply