Buyers' Messages from phone not getting through

Does anyone else experience missing messages from buyers? I make personalised items, and a transaction often involves back and forth communication. I have had some buyers who have been able to take screen shots of messages that they have sent me and I have never received. It was happening regularly about a month ago for a couple of weeks, then stopped and now I have had 2 in the past few days. My best guess is that it happens when people respond to my messages using their phones. It can be a real problem if I don't receive their messages. I try my best to have outstanding communication.

Cheers,
Briony

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The only thing I can think of is they are replying to the message from their email as opposed to eBay messages. I know that when a message has appeared in my email inbox, if I hit reply on the message (not the blue reply button in the body of the message) and then send the message, the receiver gets a blank message. If I reply from eBay messages, the message gets through.

As your buyer how they are actually replying to the message. If they are just replying to the email like they would any other email, that's what the issue is. If they click the blue reply button in the body of the message, it will open in a browser and they can send the message that way.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Help! The problem keeps happening to me. I have had numerous people tell me that they have sent replies to my messages (asking for clarification of order), however I don't receive them. It is always that they are replying on their phone. It may be the case that they are just sending a reply to their email and not from ebay messages, however they believe that they have replied and that is a big problem. I don't receive the message and then I look like I don't have good communication because I resend the original message to them. I am worried that someone will leave me a poor communication feedback soon, when it isn't my error. Any ideas of how to get around this? Surely I'm not the only one affected by it.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Suggest that they send the message/reply via eBay messaging as opposed to from their email. I know on the computer, if I reply to a message via my email, the recipient gets a blank message. If I reply using eBay messaging, the message gets through. I never had any issues in the past replying from my email, so not sure what changed.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Sometimes eBay try to make up for the missing messages....

The other day, I had someone send me a simple one-line question. I received the message to my eBay inbox 22 times - 11 when they first sent it, then another 11 times exactly two hours later. o_O 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Did it ever occur to you that depending upon the question, it may very well have been intentional? Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply