Buyers Unable to pay.

I have had 2 buyers in the last few days contacting me saying that they are unable to pay.

One reason is eBay is telling them that I don't post to their address but I do.

The other reason is that eBay isn't accepting their address..

I have had this once a while back and I contacted eBay and they couldn't work out why my buyers were having these problems.

eBay just told me to invoice them via pay pal. I find this a pain cause then I have to ask them to text me their email address and so on. It takes such a long time to get it all organised this way.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It just started up again and I'm hoping it can be fixed.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyers Unable to pay.

@teriosullivan wrote:

The buyer usually come back to me asking where to find the invoice. I tell them to check their eBay in box and their junk mail of their email linked to their eBay account. 

When you message the buyer about the issue and advise you'll send a new invoice, also let them know that the order details on eBay will be automatically updated, and that they should be able to proceed through checkout either via the link in the invoice, or directly from their eBay order history. That should give them all the info they need to be able to pay without requiring further assistance.

As an aside, when I find myself typing the same, or similar, messages a few times, I tend to save a copy to notepad to save time, and just copy/paste it to a new eBay message (adding or changing any info that's necessary).

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@teriosullivan wrote:

I have had 2 buyers in the last few days contacting me saying that they are unable to pay.

One reason is eBay is telling them that I don't post to their address but I do.

The other reason is that eBay isn't accepting their address..

I have had this once a while back and I contacted eBay and they couldn't work out why my buyers were having these problems.

eBay just told me to invoice them via pay pal. I find this a pain cause then I have to ask them to text me their email address and so on. It takes such a long time to get it all organised this way.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It just started up again and I'm hoping it can be fixed.

It is the first time I have heard of these reasons for not paying. However since they have contacted you and told you they cannot pay you can just cancel their sales. Just make sure you do it under the second "Buyer asked to cancel it" reason because the first one "Out of stock.." will give your ebay account a deffect.  
BTW, You will see a lot of buyers soon that do not pay and do not even care to tell you why. These timewasters deserve unpaid cases open. I have about 5% of these every month.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

This unfortunately is now a common occurence, I find it usually happens when someone buys the last available quantity from a listing, and I suspect the reason it's happening has something to do with some of eBay's new features (eg the out of stock feature, where a listing doesn't end when the last item is sold, maybe a live listing with 0 items makes postage incalculable for eBay's system and it affects the last sale... o_O).

Anyway, so far, sending a new eBay invoice has always overidden the glitch, and the buyer can then go through eBay checkout as normal. The PayPal invoice is still an option (I would use it as a last resort, personally), and when I have had to do that in the past, I just check Selling Manager for the buyer's email address and send it there, along with a message (through eBay) advising it's been sent there, and to let me know if they want it sent to a different address.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you for that.

I have sent the invoice hoping that it would override the glitch. The buyer usually come back to me asking where to find the invoice. I tell them to check their eBay in box and their junk mail of their email linked to their eBay account. I'm not sure if these people don't know what they are doing or what is going on.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@teriosullivan wrote:

The buyer usually come back to me asking where to find the invoice. I tell them to check their eBay in box and their junk mail of their email linked to their eBay account. 

When you message the buyer about the issue and advise you'll send a new invoice, also let them know that the order details on eBay will be automatically updated, and that they should be able to proceed through checkout either via the link in the invoice, or directly from their eBay order history. That should give them all the info they need to be able to pay without requiring further assistance.

As an aside, when I find myself typing the same, or similar, messages a few times, I tend to save a copy to notepad to save time, and just copy/paste it to a new eBay message (adding or changing any info that's necessary).

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks so much guys!!!!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

This unfortunately is now a common occurence, I find it usually happens when someone buys the last available quantity from a listing, and I suspect the reason it's happening has something to do with some of eBay's new features (eg the out of stock feature, where a listing doesn't end when the last item is sold, maybe a live listing with 0 items makes postage incalculable for eBay's system and it affects the last sale... o_O).

Actually, I have noticed that items for which I have a quantity of one remaining are showing up as quantity of zero in My eBay. I've not changed any settings, so I figure this is just a glitch (when I click on the actual listings, it shows quantity of one).

Also, a buyer sent me a message after purchase saying that she thought she'd "just missed out" on a few of my items, and I didn't know what she meant because when I checked she'd bought them, but perhaps it was giving her an error message or something.

Cool. I can add those to the list of glitches for my listings. Gotta catch 'em all.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply