Buyers who abuse feedback

I have received a negative feedback from a buyer. The buy didn't contact us about any issue. Upon checking his feedback he has left:

38 feedback left

24 negative, 1 neutral

He's clearly abusing the system, nobody can have that many bad experiences. I contacted Ebay about having the feedback removed but got the usual 'that is their experience' blah blah.

Anyone had a similar experience and any advice on getting fb removed?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You can respond to the feedback in a factual way (do not write an emotional knee-jerk response). Any feedback you leave will be read by FUTURE buyers, so you want to be professional.

Moving forward, it would be worth your while to ALWAYS check a buyers feedback left for sellers before going through with the sale. There are many sales I have cancelled after looking at this feedback as I know the chances are substantially higher that I will also get an unwarranted neg. It is absolutely not worth the risk. I put these buyers on my blocked list too.

Prevention is better than any cure.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply. One question though, even if you cancel an order, that buyer can still leave a neg right? So wouldn't someone who is prone to leaving negs, be even more likely to if you cancelled their order?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

You cancel with:   'problem with buyer's address'

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

you should be able to get the f/b removed, due to the 2 instances of swearing

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@shoaltech wrote:

One question though, even if you cancel an order, that buyer can still leave a neg right? So wouldn't someone who is prone to leaving negs, be even more likely to if you cancelled their order?

It used to be the case that a buyer could leave feedback after a cancellation, but that MAY not be the case any longer.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Is-there-any-way-to-report-a-seller-who-cancelled-your-order...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

padi - Interesting. It seems that might be the case now that they can't leave feedback after a cancelled order.

twyngwyn - I contacted Ebay re the swearing and they said it wasn't removable as there were no swear words used. I pressed my case and then they said it is being removed. However, what has happened is that the comment was removed, but not the neg. Arrgh.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Seriously, it's one neg, against hundreds and hundreds of positive feedback. I wouldn't worry about it. Most buyers don't look at feedback anyway. For those that do, they'll see a removed comment and think the comment was against the rules, so removed. 

For one neg, buyers really don't care. You only have to look at the amount of buyers who repeatedly buy from Chinese sellers with 1,000's of neg a month. Don't lose any sleep over it.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

sadly I have experienced a repeat dodgy and scamming buyer that continues to abuse both the feedback and Money Back Guarantee policy.  I reported this woman to ebay  multiple times and it seems like she can get away with breaking all their rules.  its disappointing to see her still do this to other genuine sellers on here. I've seen sellers who have been scammed by this woman leave their feedback warning other sellers but this gets removed by ebay.  Im glad I dont sell much on ebay now because they do favour buyers over sellers!  

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Of course it gets removed

Why do sellers insist on leaving scammy buyers and non payers green ticks, rewarding the behaviour and encouraging the 'buyer' to keep on doing it

Sellers are well aware that

It is against policy to leave false positives

The seller will be the ones pinged by eBay, not the 'buyer'

The seller does not have to leave any feedback at all, far better that rewarding the behviour (which is all it does

The comment will be removed by eBay and the green tick remains, adding the the 'buyers' score #

Nobody else but the seller can see the username of the 'buyer' they are supposedly warning others about

Pointless pointless pointless 

Have you added this person to your blocked bidder list?

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply