Buyers who don't read.

Just to get it off my chest so I don't explode.... I have a pair of snow boots advertised with the title "SNOW BOOTS SIZE EU 41/UK 7  29CMS UNDER BOOT SOLE" and I just received an email asking if they were for kids or adults.

I suppose I should be grateful that they at least asked before buying, a couple of years ago I had someone in Perth (I'm in Brisbane), abuse me from across the Nullabor because the boots she bought had been delivered -"CUTE PINK SNOW BOOTS WITH EMBROIDERED HEARTS & FLOWERS GIRLS SIZE 7 19CMS UNDER BOOT SOLE" - and were obviously childrens' so give me my money back or cop a red dot. She also objected to being asked to cover return postage. Threatened me with reporting to eBay - the whole box and dice. All worked out in my favour in the end, but quite a rough ride for a while......

Marina.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Buyers who don't read.

maybe she was just being extra careful -   your other snow boots all show adult, mens, ladies, etc - just this one listing doesn't say.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I recently had a buyer who left feedback saying the size 12 jeans she bought were a "small size 12" .  Just after that I seemed to get a low feedback for description. I am not sure if it was her or not as I don't quite know how to find out who it was. When I looked up

her feedback she had written similar things for other sellers saying the items were a small size. (She obviously may have put on

weight, who knows). I had put all the measurements in cm on the listing.  She obviously didnt read the listing information.

On this occasion I left seller feedback early because all had gone smoothly and was trying to encourage a new buyer.  Hindsight is

a wonderful thing.   I wont let this effect me too much, but I was disappointed  that someone somewhere didnt think I had described something accurately enough.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

For some people, looking and/or reading doesn't seem to be enough. I often have people asking me if my jewellery is for a particular gender - I don't really get that, it's a visual thing that is all based on appeal, and a lot of the stuff I make is really quite neutral anyway (i.e no one's gonna go 'dude! are you wearing a girl's necklace?' if they did happen to buy it, so I always respond with something along the lines of it's for anyone who wants to wear it. Smiley Very Happy )

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

A while back I had a buyer select a size 4 from a listing that had "Kids" in the title and upon receiving it left positive feedback saying something along the lines of "lovely dressing gown but doesn't fit this 60 year old"

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply