CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN !

I recently posted that when I have a non-paying buyer, that I open a case and leave feedback just before I close it,  saying eg ... NO PAYMENT, NO CONTACT, VERY DISAPPOINTING.  CASE CLOSED.   I then block the buyer.   Of course, I can only leave positives ... I was told by eBay some time ago, that this is the way to warn other sellers.

I then received a lot of comments that what I was doing wasn't legal, and I can't see why.

I can't understand why we (sellers) can't leave feedback (positive of course!), to advise that a buyer did not complete the sale,  after purchasing an item.

A seller can leave NEGATIVE feedback and say anything they like, yet it seems we don't have the right to leave feedback to  warn other sellers that the buyer didn't pay.   I have read some very blatant feedback about non-payers with very nasty comments, .... I don't agree with that.

Is there someone out there who can tell me what the actual RULE is.

I posted the procedure I use earlier, but apparently I'm doing something that's illegal ??

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN !

Hi just wanted to let you know any case that you open goes on your dash board check it

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

@lovedvds2013 wrote:

Hi just wanted to let you know any case that you open goes on your dash board check it

A buyer opening a case against a seller might, but an unpaid item case against a buyer won't. 

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@dotm2004 wrote:

I posted the procedure I use earlier, but apparently I'm doing something that's illegal ??

it's not illegal, but it is against eBay policy. 

I know some might think I am nit-picking on your choice of words . . . . . but there is a huge difference between the being illegal and being against policy.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

We open Unpaid Item Disputes against buyers pretty much every day on one or another of our selling IDs.

But never once has there been any defect awarded against us for doing so....

YET anyway... Wouldn't put it past ebay to introduce such a policy in the future tho. LOL

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

If this were the case - "As in the other thread, sellers don't need to leave any feedback for a NPB as there has been no transaction to comment on." then BUYERS shouldn't be able to leave feedback either!

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@gratho12 wrote:

If this were the case - "As in the other thread, sellers don't need to leave any feedback for a NPB as there has been no transaction to comment on." then BUYERS shouldn't be able to leave feedback either!

They generally can't when a UPI case has been closed without payment, but if they do, it should either be automatically removed when the case closes, or the seller can ask eBay to remove it (sometimes eBay need to be reminded that FB in those circumstances is supposed to be removable), but in saying that I kinda disagree about there being no transaction to comment on - it's technically a cancelled transaction, just cancelled in a different way, and both parties can leave FB after those. (Not suggesting people should be able to leave FB for each other after a UPI, just saying that a transaction was created, because if there was no transaction, the UPI process wouldn't even be necessary).

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Please go onto facebook join the group eBay australia buyer name and shame let others see the name of this person!

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

So, buyers shouldn't be able to leave negatives then. The sellers could get strikes too, one side that can leave negative and the other can't is not fair, it's a sort of, the buyers demanding a ransom and they release the hostage ( the seller) as a buyer, the buyer can freely ask the seller to leave feedback ( email) because there's no consequence for asking, the seller can't give them a negative for asking (hassling) but the seller can't ask freely that the buyer leave them feedback as the buyer can leave a negative for you asking ( hassling) I'm afraid to ask for that reason ( getting negative) and none of them hardly leave feedback too.
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply