CHARGED listing fee for 100 free listing promotion

I took up the promotion offer of 100 free listings today  I used the bulk listing feature and loaded my adds to my selling  page  From unsold items, no auto relist ) .I noticed that my monthly account had jumped significantly and when I  checked it out I have been charged $1.50 for each listings ,total of 36 listing $54  ....NOT HAPPY !

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Phone ebay and find out why.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I sent them an email  ( have trouble hearing them on the phone ) see what respose i get

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I recall members experiencing the same (discussed in other threads n this topic) when using the bulk listing tool.  Seems like it "bypasses" the promotion AND the normal 40 free monthly listings in some cases, and charges a normal listing fee.

Please let us know the response from eBay.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

This happened to me once and I found out that some listings i had relisted had subtitles that were charged...The first time i listed them the subtitle had been free.when I relisted the subtitles wereno longer free and I was charged

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

as an aside....do you have 6 of the Marlon Brando movies....or have you listed the same item twice?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

If you read the fine print in the terms you'll probably find that the free listings are for single item listings, not for listings with multiples available.  I can't remember whether it said that in the terms for this lot but it's definitely had it in the last few lots of freebies.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Yes the 100 promotion was for single items only so that is why you will have been charged for every listing that had more than one available. Had you been listing them individually rather than bulk relisting you would have seen that the $1.50 was being added for each one.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@jjba6541 wrote:

This happened to me once and I found out that some listings i had relisted had subtitles that were charged...The first time i listed them the subtitle had been free.when I relisted the subtitles wereno longer free and I was charged

Same thing happened to me on another ID a few months ago.  I have never had the auto re-lists on this ID, so it was quite new to me.  Once I received the invoice and saw the charges I was pretty annoyed, so I rang CS and said I thought it was very deceiving as there are no warnings advising you will be charged when the items automatically re-list.  CS actually agreed with me & admitted they are aware there is a problem - they actually credited all the Sub-Title charges without hesitation, so it is definitely worth a phone call when these sort of things happen.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply