CLICK AND SEND. Should I use it

Hi Everyone

Been thinking about Click and Send for a while now, but haven`t delved in to it as yet. Read some love it, some hate it. I`m starting to send more parcels (rather than just envelopes) and think it might be cheaper for me, and save me some time, but not if its hard to use, a hassle, and going to be time consuming

Whats people thoughts, pro`s and con`s ?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: CLICK AND SEND. Should I use it

We have been using C&S since it was first available, first using it for the added tracking to our own packaging and then the eBay satchels. The site is sometimes temperamental but the benefits outweigh the few problems we've had. The flat-rate boxes can take up to 15kg and are definitely a cost saving.

The eBay postage labels are supposed to be available to all users soon so you will be able to do labels for the flat-rate satchels and boxes without logging in to the C&S site.

More info

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/news/australia-post-labels

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

I prefer C&S for the majority of parcels I send. I find it convenient, and I like the fact that I can pay for postage as I go with PayPal, which effectively reduces my direct out of pocket expenses. 

The saving varies depending on the other AP services you compare it to, but using the 500gm rates and not taking into account any packaging (including the C&S satchel) and printing costs...

$6.95 for both C&S / over the counter rates - C&S provides unquestionable proof of shipping if scanned and at no further cost or effort (though keeping copies of lodgement receipt / address labels via PDF docs is recommended), over the counter doesn't (the tracking number / receipt may help if needed, but IMO I'd rather just know I had the proof than hope/convince I had it).

If you want the same proof of shipping C&S provides when posting over the counter, you need to add $2.95 for signature on delivery, or possibly arrange with your post office to stamp lodgement forms, if they are agreeable (mine won't stamp official lodgement forms, but they said they'd stamp a handwritten name & address on the back of a receipt - couldn't be bothered doing that every time I go to the PO, though). 

Information about what SOD includes varies, with C&S it currently provide up to $100 compensation, while over the counter insurance is advertised as an add-on at $1.50 per $100 (or part thereof), although that has been questioned, if it's true, to get exactly the same service and $100 insurance, C&S = $9.90, over the counter $11.40.

C&S flat rate satchel can't be insured beyond $100, over the counter can.

I occasionally experience problems with the C&S site, usually when there are service updates or site issues affecting everyone - which do admittedly happen a bit more frequently than you would expect. At all other times, it takes about 20 seconds to process a label, a few seconds longer if I'm using an address not associated with the linked eBay ID, then about a minute to pay, and a few seconds to print. I'm not sure why I don't seem to experience the issues many others frequently do, but if it helps any I use the latest version of Firefox, Windows 8, Adobe XI.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

As a buyer and the one who pays for this 'Clik n Forget' service I find it stoopid!...to register online for the tracking service (as I do like to keep 'track' of my orders) by using the tracking number, takes a few mins of my time in a couple of stages. Often though you are not able to 'track' the parcel *see kizbear reasons/comment pasted below my comment) - being sent a tracking announcement AFTER the parcel has been delivered is **bleeping** ridiculous and very *** bleep*** -***ing*** insulting!!...................I support comment from kizbear:

It doesn't get scanned if you put your parcel in the red box. I was putting my parcels in the red box at the business centre, so I didn't have to queue for ages, and they weren't scanning them. I found that trackiing only showed up the day they delivered. They informed me I had to come into the business centre and lodge them with staff to get tracking. I thought if we had to pay for tracking they would provide the service if we put parcels in the red boxes, but Nooooo!

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

I have just started using it and LOVE it... It is quick and convenient as I don't have the luxury of an open PO on weekends and this way I can post all week...I did have a couple of problems initially but found the C&S help line to be fast and written in a way that I could understand it... I am in my later years by the way and If I can understand it, anyone can...I don't have the patience to go through a lot of rigmarole so considering that I am now using it regularly should tell you something...!

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

There is an option in C&S to automatically send advice of tracking events to the buyer. I, and a fair few others, use it.

I don't know if it helps the buyer, but I haven't had anybody complain.

As far as lodging over the counter - that guarantees the minimum one tracking event required for Paypal protection. As others have said, if it is posted in a red box and doesn't get scanned at any point before delivery, you won't have protection if it goes missing before then.

Generally, however, I find most have at least four events, three of which are useful -

Manifested;

Lodged;

On board for delivery; and

Delivered.

Any one of the last three will provide seller protection.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

More like click and BEND with some of the posties around the country.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Yep, I agree. used it since the beginning and love it ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 17 of 17
Latest reply