CLICK & COLLECT WW & BW - security issues etc

chook88
Community Member

Anyone had any issues with security, parcels going astray?

Buyer not collecting parcels, seller get negged etc?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: CLICK & COLLECT WW & BW - security issues etc

No it doesn't. As yet.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Okay. In that case it does only appear after you have been opted in.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

vvvv.jpg

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

And as Penny and I have both noted, the opt-out option is not available if you're not opted-in.

It's not rocket science, which is Newton's Third Law and not that complicated. But this is even less so.

What you see is what YOU see; which may or may not have relevance to other members. Which is closer the Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, where the perception of the universe is based upon individual viewpoints.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

I have been offered it to may give it a go for a while but can not see it increasing sales and I can see it causing major headaches so doubt I will use it for long

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Just a note not to opt out of something new being introduced on eBay.  If you can, just not use it, do that instead.  I opted out of using Postage Policies on one of my accounts when it was being introduced and it was the worst choice I ever made because they cannot opt me back in, it's simply not possible in their system and I've asked them to try many times!

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

We have been offering click and collect since it was first piloted about 18 months ago.

We had one minor issue in the very first week of a parcel being delayed but since then we have sent hundreds of parcels where buyers have chosen the click and collect option without any problems.

I think there were some problems early on as usually happens when something new is introduced but these days it seems to run very smoothly

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

I have also received the email re I will be Click & Collect next week.

From reading some of the comments above.. does the Click & Collect only apply to my Free Postage Items ??

I have very few Free Post items only on the higher priced items.

What happens to the items that are not Free Post? Do they not apply to these items

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Buyers can neg a seller for any stupid reason just like they can with any other delivered item. Last year, I saw a seller I buy from get a neg because the buyer had to wait at the BigW counter for 15 minutes to get their item. Yes, that was the buyers comment accompaning the neg.

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Yes, only items that have free postage will display the Click and Collect delivery option.  However, I have never opted in and will be opting out as soon as they switch it on in my shop on 15th.  Despite that, I have had a handful of customers who simply gave a Click and Collect address at checkout (with code, not sure how they got the code, I thought t was system generated), and these were letter items which aren't supposed to qualify.  They all got there okay though.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 20 of 21
Latest reply