Can I have my sales payouts paid into someone else's bank account?

I'd like to send the proceeds of my eBay sales into an account in someone else's name (I owe them money.. doing this will help pay it back a little quicker and will remove the temptation to spend it myself!!!!) Is this possible and if so, how do I do it?  When I try to add a new account in the payouts section, the name is greyed out and I can't seem to change it.  Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Given the rules of Managed Payments, I would say that would be nigh on impossible

Can you not just pay it yourself either into their bank account or PayPal account as soon as your funds clear ?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

No.

You cannot.

The name on the bank account must match the name on your eBay account. Also, the name on your photo ID (to verify your ID) must match the name on your eBay account.

See this eBay help page: Registering as a seller

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Given the rules of Managed Payments, I would say that would be nigh on impossible

Can you not just pay it yourself either into their bank account or PayPal account as soon as your funds clear ?

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

*Me and my slowness 

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

NO...............................

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

sorry, no....it would be seen as money laundering/tax fraud etc.....they are 'clamping down'

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Yes you can.  Easily done with the Australian Banking system.  You couldnt in most other countries.

Not sure about the comment on money laundering/tax fraud,  in reality if the recipient declared it (if required) whats the fraud,  

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

The eBay name has to match the name on the bank account.

The bank account has to be verified either through login credentials or microdeposits.

The eBayer also must prove that they are who they say they are - ergo, photo ID has to match the eBay name which has to match the bank account name.

eBay will not disburse funds into a bank account that isn’t the eBay seller’s account. Since it’s so easy for the seller to just transfer the funds from their bank account to someone else’s account when they receive the payments, I am left feeling that there’s something problematic here.

Furthermore, by linking someone else’s bank account (even were that possible), the seller would effectively be giving permission for eBay to take funds from that other person’s account in the event of a dispute.

The impression given - in my opinion - is that of wishing to avoid a paper trail / clear electronic trail of funds. OP, you may be perfectly legitimate; the scenario suggested, however, is just not gelling with me.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Care to check your facts?

eBay won't allow it, as you well know.

Have you any reason for posting misinformation?

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Care to check your facts?

eBay won't allow it, as you well know.

Have you any reason for posting misinformation?

Ebay can't prevent it.  There is a major flaw in the Australian banking system.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply