Can anyone tell me how I can find a trading assistant please. Nsw or victoria australia

I am told there are trading assistants.  It would be helpful if ebay continued to have a directory for trading assistants. 

Ebay is almost impossible to contact for help. Why is that seeing they make massive profits from customers. 

Ebay treats customers disgracefully.  Do we have another option to sell our stuff

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Can anyone tell me how I can find a trading assistant please. Nsw or victoria australia

I don't think eBay promotes TA's any more, haven't heard of it for a long time. You used to be able to go to eBay's Trading Assitance Hub, but I couldn't find that for you, so most likely gone

If it is help with eBay you need, you can ask here on the boards, or go to eBay help, they list pretty much every thing Buying and Selling wise

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

You have many other options to sell your stuff.

Given you don't seem to want to do it yourself, an auction house comes to mind. Although you are subject to the vagaries of the (limited) market. If you think eBay makes a fortune out of hosting an online platform, your eyes will water when you see what an auction house charges.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

auction houses are generally cheaper to sell through than ebay but you have to despatch the items to them for sale

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

You just can't take a trick today LOL - Auction House Lowest charge I could find.

A percentage commission will be taken out of the sale price only if there is a successful sale. Commission can range from around 11% - 25%.

and as you said you need to despatch items to the site, about the same as sending for eBay, but if it doesn't sell you need to freight the item back

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Trading assistants were pretty much phased out - at first they brought in Catch (or a Catch like business, I can't remember who it was exactly) and you could mail your item to them, now they have "Valet", which is similar but done through Airtasker so you're basically just posting up a job and hoping someone suitable responds / accepts.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-valet/

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

What do you need a TA for?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@davewil - I agree. About 15 years ago I was buying stuff at auction houses in Melbourne and the fee for myself as the buyer was a 20% loading on top of the final price. The seller was also charged 20% at the time. I just had a look at the auction house I used to go to and it's now 22% PLUS GST for both seller and buyer. 

@Sharrie, auction houses do not appear to be cheaper to sell through, in comparison to Ebay. Many auction houses allow for drop off as well during certain times, so you don't have to arrange delivery.

Ebay's fees are certainly competitive and their reach is unparalleled, so I'm not sure why the OP would not want to maximise their profit.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply