Can sellers in NZ and Australia sell on ebay.uk?

bayloft
Community Member

hi there - based in NZ and I've spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to set up a template for selling on ebay.co.uk as I want to list antique ceramics in GBP.

I cannot figure out how to get 'worldwide' shipping to stick - whenever I preview my listing it says that I offer collection (!) and ship to the UK only!

Does anyone there sell on the UK platform and if so could I have some advice please, cheers frustrated nz-er

(posting here since it's the middle of the night in the UK)

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know if this will help, but all listings (on any site) have to have a domestic shipping option and then international shipping is optional.

The domestic shipping section is relevant only to the country that site is for, so the domestic shipping options are for UK shipping only on eBay.UK, then you have to go into the international shipping options to set up worldwide shipping. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I don't know if this will help, but all listings (on any site) have to have a domestic shipping option and then international shipping is optional.

The domestic shipping section is relevant only to the country that site is for, so the domestic shipping options are for UK shipping only on eBay.UK, then you have to go into the international shipping options to set up worldwide shipping. 

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

when trying to list were you logged in to the UK site ?

List on your local site and follow digi's advice for worldwide

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

bayloft
Community Member

Thank you both, got it working - I hadn't selected domestic shipping as 2-5 days was impractical but proceeded without adding an amount and it worked, and I've since set up postage tables.

Katistropik - I was logged into ebay uk, there is no ebay nz, cheers bayloft

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

OP... be very careful.

You have very nice expensive items & may have a target on your a back as a new seller.

Your listings now show Worldwide shipping without any exclusions.

That opens you up to attempted scams from buyer/scammers located in locations well known for perpetuating scams.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Oh is that why sellers typically exclude 9 countries? I thought it was a UK post thing..

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you!

Any more advice appreciated:)

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I no longer list on eBay.

When I did I excluded all of Africa, South America,  anywhere east of Germany ( except the Swiss), Asia ( except Japan), India etc. & anywhere remotely connected to the the Russian Federation.

The choice is yours to make & others may have different thoughts.

Is Richie McGaw still spending his retirement standing offside?๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I don't know that Richie would like me to say ๐Ÿ˜‰

Re listing on ebay, for early English stuff like mine it's the only place I think, got this far so will give it a go, and will add postage exclusions 

So thanks for the warning , much appreciated & glad I came here - ebay 'help' with listing is pretty poor

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

A lot of sellers will not post to Italy either due to items "going missing" in transit within the country.

Edit. Canada can be troublesome as well with very long delivery times.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply