Can someone please explain me how paypal fees works for ebay sellers?

Can someone please explain to me how PayPal fees work for eBay sellers?

I'm new to eBay and last month I made 188 AUD sales. I was surprised to see that there were 13 AUD as PayPal fees for that. This is nearly 7% of fee!

Can someone explain how PayPal charge from sellers for sales made in eBay?

Does PayPal charge any fixed fees for transfer cleared PayPal balance for my bank account? (Other than 1% for debit cards)

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eBay sale fees - 10.9% of total invoice capped at $440.

PayPal fees - 

For domestic transactions, the rate is 2.6% + $0.30 of the total selling price.

For international transactions, the rate is 3.6% + $0.30.

Transfer funds abroad - 

If you use your PayPal balance or a linked bank account, the charges would be 0.5% to 3.3%, depending on the country you are sending the money to. If you use your credit or debit card, the fee would range from 3.9% to 7.4% plus a fixed fee, depending on the country.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay sale fees - 10.9% of total invoice capped at $440.

PayPal fees - 

For domestic transactions, the rate is 2.6% + $0.30 of the total selling price.

For international transactions, the rate is 3.6% + $0.30.

Transfer funds abroad - 

If you use your PayPal balance or a linked bank account, the charges would be 0.5% to 3.3%, depending on the country you are sending the money to. If you use your credit or debit card, the fee would range from 3.9% to 7.4% plus a fixed fee, depending on the country.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@prime.gadgets wrote:

Can someone please explain to me how PayPal fees work for eBay sellers?

I'm new to eBay and last month I made 188 AUD sales. I was surprised to see that there were 13 AUD as PayPal fees for that. This is nearly 7% of fee!

Can someone explain how PayPal charge from sellers for sales made in eBay?

Does PayPal charge any fixed fees for transfer cleared PayPal balance for my bank account? (Other than 1% for debit cards)

PayPal fees as a percentage of total sales will always be inflated for low cost items because of the 30c base fee.

You are selling low cost items, so your 7% PayPal fee is not surprising.   On 27 sales you will pay:

$8.10 (base charge) + $4.89 (2.6% of $188) = $12.99

(I am guessing that you had 27 sales based on you posting that you had $188 in sales and $13 in PayPal fees).

If you go back through some of your earlier threads it was pointed out to you that you will likely lose money on low-cost items duets fees and postage.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Don't forget that you are paying for a subtitle too. Why are you still giving money away? You were supposed to put your prices up on Dec 1 and you haven't. It doesn't look good when you have out dated messages in your listings.

I would be ditching the subtitles before the listings roll over next. It's just another expense and more money you are giving away for nothing.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply