Can someone tell me if these labels can be placed on envelope satchels that are sent at letter rate?

Can someone tell me if these labels can be placed on envelope satchels that are sent at letter rate?

eBay item number:

or would I be better off with paying the extra and get these ones

eBay item number:

I am just looking for the cheapest option to "track" envelope mail as I'm geting sick and tired off "my item did not arrive" excuse on my other shop ID, not this account.  I give buyers the choice of the method of postage, and 10 times out of 10 they choose the cheapes knowing full warned it is not tracked, and I even state in my lisitings I will not be held responsinle etc, but we all know that means didly squat if they lodge a dispute.....so tired of refunding just to keep the peace when my gut tells me in most cases they most likey got it and now are trying to get $$$$ refunded....thought this tracking option might help me
Thanks
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There has bveen a few threads about these labels in the past - here is one.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Aus-Post-Tracking-labels/m-p/1709529/highlight/true#M93923

It seems that many people say these labels are not supposed to be used for tracking letters but some nice APO staff may scan for you.  I would check with your local APO about the validity before you purchase.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There has bveen a few threads about these labels in the past - here is one.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Aus-Post-Tracking-labels/m-p/1709529/highlight/true#M93923

It seems that many people say these labels are not supposed to be used for tracking letters but some nice APO staff may scan for you.  I would check with your local APO about the validity before you purchase.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Also do some sums - has the costs of a few refunds been more than paying for tracking for all your letter rated mail?  In my case, I would spend heaps more to have tracking than I would loose on the occasional refund - even with the lables to which you refer.  Refunds for lost postage are a pain, but such is life if your business model is premised on sending items as large letters.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Awesome. Thanks for the link to the old discussion. Was exactly what I was after to clarify !

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

True, that's a great point you raise and when I do look at it that way, I'm getting the same conclusion as yourself....not enough refunds to warrent the extra costs. Thanks 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

No problems.  I would use registered post for about 5% of my sales (ie those items over $50 is my benchmark)

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply