Can't Quickly Get a member's Phone Number for Express Delivery Documentation

Looks like eBay have stopped access to finding another member's phone number. When you go to the quick search page and enter the member's eBay name, it returns, "This feature has been deprecated"

So, when you need to find a quick phone number for their Express Post service, you can't get it and eBay Chat tells me it's been deactivated and any way to seek an answer is "beyond his pay scale". So I have to assert it being escalated to eBay management.

I don't have time to email the buyer and wait for a response and nor should I even have to contemplate doing so.

I also thought I read somewhere where it will be easier to make connections to buyer's contact details such as a contact phone number, when the new payment service procedure comes into place.

So at the moment we're in a very bad place. Instead of the freight company being able to quickly call the recipient, the parcel they paid extra delivery $$ for is going to be delayed if there is a problem.

I hate this sort of dysfunction by large corporate entities like eBay. They either prefer loosing touch with their ground soldiers or they're deliberately acting in an unconscionable way, knowing that by denying phone numbers will cause problems with Express deliveries (where they make all listings mandatorily provide for Express delivery).

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

in My Ebay > see all orders > sales record

gives you buyer's phone number and email

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Sorry, but I see no "My eBay > See All Orders" in the drop-down menu list under "My eBay", let alone "My eBay > See All Orders > Sales Record". Plus, why didn't eBay support have an answer other than leaving me without an answer other than it's not available - I have the chat transcript.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Try My Ebay, ...1) Selling - 2) All orders ( menu LH side of page ) - 3) Drop down menu next to item, 4) " View order details " ( a fair way down the list ) This gives buyer email and phone nuimber.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply