Can't add or edit business policies. This is infuriating!

Hi everyone,.

I'm having a huge problem with business policies. Firstly, I don't want then, never asked for them, and wish they would go away. As that's never going to happen, at the very least it would be nice if they actually worked! When creating a listing I have 15 postage policies in a drop down box, all with completely unhelpful names, none of which I recall creating. If i select one of these policies and choose "Edit selected policy" I get a popup that states:

"You can't get started with business policies right now.

We'd like to have you benefit from them right away, but we're introducing them gradually so the transition goes smoothly for everyone. Check the My eBay selling section periodically to find out when it's available to you."

Well that sucks, how on earth do I have 15 policies in the drop down box if I don't even have busines policies available to me? Oh well, I'll just create a new policy right? So I then choose "Create payment policy". Surprise surprise, I get another popup that states:

We'd like to have you benefit from them right away, but we're introducing them gradually so the transition goes smoothly for everyone. Check the My eBay selling section periodically to find out when it's available to you."

After much searching and reading, I see a sugestion to opt-out of business policies, so I head to "My eBay" -> "Tools" -> "Business Policies". Imagine my surprise when I see ANOTHER error message that states"

So in a nutshell, I have no way to make any changes to postage options, which isn't really practical now is it! I am running Windows 8, and have tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer just incase this was some weird browser relates issue. Exact same problem with both browsers. Does any have any suggestion please, this has been going on for weeks now and it is driving me insane!

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

They can go away!  Opt out of them. 

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/business_policies

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Unfortunately, as I said in my OP, when I try to visit the "Business Policies" section under my account, all I see is the error:

I don't get any options at all, nothing, nada, zip. There is nowhere to opt-in, opt-out, create, delete or in any way change the behaviour of business policies.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I was having the same problem.  Then found that if started from scratch, at Sell at right at the top of the page, then Start Selling, and Create a Template, I could select what I wanted.  

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks to those that replied. In the end, it's a bug in the business policies code. I opened a chat case with eBay and this is what I was told:

nettrecker
what was the problem?

Kyle Vincent So
It was a bug affecting the business policies. What I did was a workaround to fix it.

So if you are having this problem, there is a very good chance you can't fix it yourself. I am very impressed with the eBay chat support, I only had to wait 20 seconds for an agent and the problem was solved in 5 minutes. Nice to see some parts of eBay work well.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply