Ebay scam?

ebo1995
Community Member

Ive listen my Galaxy S4 up multiple times and each time someone from another country buys it now and emails me saying please send the invoice to this and this address because im going to be at an appointment, ALL HAVE SAID THAT

They use a fake ebay email which i saw was deffinetly fake, saying if you dont send it right away legal action will be taken and so on. Just to top it off they send fake paypal email which the ammount of money but it said they had given me $100 more to what he bought it now for. The money is still not in my account weeks later. Most of these people ask to be shipped to Nigeria.

Ive spent weeks trying to sell this phone but it keeps happening, hes what one guy send me after buying it now 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ebay scam?

Definitely a scam so best you be fixing your settings for countries you don't send to.Also i'd be blocking the ID's that have been messing with you so far.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay scam?

Hi, when you set up your listing have you made it quite clear what countries you are willing to send to in the 'countries you post to' section. If you have blocked Africa etc the item should not show on that site. If the countries you prefer not to send to are set it will show you do not post to there even if they log into ebay.com.au
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay scam?

Good idea - not only block them but report them.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay scam?

Always remember, Nigeria = Scam.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay scam?

The Nigerian Scammers with feedback who have contacted you will have hijacked another member's account.

Others will be newly registered Scam IDs.

It's best to list Scammer prone items just  in an auction format as Scammers love Buy It Nows.

Although you can list as a BIN with  immediate payment required, that doesn't prevent  Scammers from paying with  stolen credit cards.

Phone eBay through Customer Support ( top of page) and they may refund your final value fees without the need for you to open  Unpaid Item Cases.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1491&optionId=1506485434

Beware of  further spoof/phishing emails you may receive .

Don't open them and don't click on any links.

Run all your spyware, keylogging and virus protection and change your passwords regularly.

Be sure to have these buyer blocks in place. Go to:

My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Postage preferences > Show >
Exclude postage locations from your listings from your listings > Edit .......and Select the countries you don’t post to.

Tick … Apply to all current live listings
Click …Apply

And

My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements > Show >
Edit .......and tick:

1. Buyers in locations to which I don't post
2. Block buyers who haven't gone through phone verification…
3. Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of 5 or lower(Having a Paypal Account and / or Credit Card details on file overrides this block)

Tick all other blocks of your choice.

Tick …Apply above settings to active and future listings.
Click …Submit

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply