Can't get address to change?

On the items i sell it says the Location is Hobart, Tasmania. I am no longer in Hobart, Tasmania. I have changed this so many times, I even changed it on the Clothing i am selling before i listed and i saw the location as "Nsw" when i listed 4 days ago but i just got someone asking for local pick-up, and i checked again, and its back to Hobart, Tasmania.

:_| What am i doing wrong LOL.
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Can't get address to change?

Why not start a new thread?

The posts in this one obviously haven't worked for you, so it is a pointless exercise dragging it out of the depths.

Unless, of course, you haven't tried any of the solutions.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

The listing inserts the LAST LOCATION you attempted to sell from.

To change your location, you have to end your listing, and re-insert the ad.

Nifty huh? *Sigh*

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

I don't move.

And it doesn't make the thread any more recent.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

With apologies to those irked by the zombie threads.... Smiley Embarassed

Item location is, for the most part, listing / item specific, because some sellers have warehouses all over the country, some have local stock as well as drop ship etc etc etc, so a global "seller location" isn't the same as "item location", although, yes, the info can be pulled from other addresses, previous listings and so forth, if the info isn't changed or updated elsewhere... in saying that, eBay doesn't always get it right, and sometimes will display an incorrect suburb based on the postcode, since they don't seem to understand that several suburbs can share the same PC (also, check all of your addresses listed under your account. Your primary / registered address is one thing, but eBay allows you to input several other addresses, including a pick-up address, return address, separate postage address etc, and I'm pretty sure they will use the pick up or return address if the primary registered address is different - my item location is where my return address is located, which is a PO box in a different suburb to my residence).

Anyway....

Here's where to change the item location on an individual listing (located after all of the postage options):

item location 1.PNG

item location 2.PNG

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Have you spoken to an Ebay customer support officer? Maybe a gliche from their end?

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@kole-jack wrote:

Have you spoken to an Ebay customer support officer? Maybe a gliche from their end?

Please look at the Re: at the top as you would see that you replied to a thread and person that posted on"

Can't get address to change?
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply